Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Motomom34, Oct 2, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. I do not care

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's unbelievable at the stupidity of these protestors. I did actually see a video of a bunch of those poosy hat wearers , and those gender benders protesting with their signs , and actually said " Gays for Muslims " ,,,,I was like WTF,,,,uninformed idiot . I think it was during the great muslim ban whining fest .

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

OK, folks, we have a new justice on the bench. Onward and upward to November's dog and pony show. About time to wrap this thread up and start a new thread on the election, so take your last shots here before staff closes the door.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Close it. Elvis has left the building.......

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Actually Mr Chell has been quiet in this thread. And there were others, myself included who had no faith in politicians being able to see through the BS. I have been asking myself what it will take to have my faith in politicians restored.

Closing my thread? CNN may have moved on to the next issue like a kid with ADD but I have not. I will not forget this confirmation hearing and the spotlight on what some have to do, what they have to endure to serve this country.

But in the end, I guess it was nice that the Kavanaugh's were able to find a smile after weeks of seeing attempts to rip their lives apart.

The end.

5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I won't forget the flaming idiocy the whole process brought out either, just as I remember some of the hassle with Bork and Thomas. That said, it's for the history books, and I cannot imagine what else can be gained with more comments. Count me out, anyway.

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I wish it was the end.
    Now democrats are "questioning the legitimacy of the Supreme Court".
    Lol

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The shouting and screaming may have stopped - for now.

Make no mistake, the deep smoldering embers of mindless hatred still burns deeply in the core of the Left.

All it will take, as it did here, is a sprinkle of money for this screaming mass to flare up again.

Before, I could blame the KGB.

Now, big money from liberal Silicon Valley billionaires have replaced that funding with new...

New hate, new violence and an unending attack on the Nation, Constitution and the family values that made this Nation what it is today.

No, today the celebration is over, but the time for careful watchfulness has just begun....

oldawg, Motomom34, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]

chelloveck, SB21, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

What sacrifices were made in back room deals to get this done?

I have no faith in the system anymore. I just hope the reset happens before I'm too old to help my tribe weather the storm.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I am kind of with you but, we have to believe in the system or all is lost.... A "Reset" would not make for a happy place....

oldawg, Motomom34, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]
    Russian firm indicted in special counsel probe cites Kavanaugh decision to argue that charge should be dismissed
    I'm unsurprised that Kavanaugh got confirmed...on party lines. It would have required 3 Republican Party defectors and no Democratic Party defectors to defeat the confirmation. Who knows what inducements the few potentially swinging Republican Party senators were offered (both positive and negative) to hold to Party discipline. Perhaps a threat by this guy
    [​IMG]

Via: Trump supporter arrested for threatening to slaughter senators and their families for not supporting Brett Kavanaugh
    or someone similar might have had some influence...who would want to have a Gabrielle Giffords experience?

As to Kegboy Kavanaugh...it would probably not have mattered, even if he had confessed to the allegation...because, there are far more important issues at stake for TRump's conservative evangelical supporters, than some 'incident' three decades prior: ....such as overturning Roe v Wade; offering a religious freedom shield for religious fundamentalists to hide their bigotry behind; undermining the SCOTUS church / state separation leading case law and so forth....don't worry, I don't think that there is any fear of a return of Blue Laws...Kegboy Kavanaugh, likes his beer far too much.

There were a few highlights of the confirmation hearings that had me enthralled....

Discovering that Kevin believes in god, (as if that adds any actual weight to the credibility of his testimony) Asking Brett Kavanaugh About God Before an Important Question Was Inappropriate was an absurdly ridiculous 'gimme' that just reinforces the kind of privilege that theism is afforded in the USA. I just wonder what Senator John Kennedy (R - LA) would have said, if Kavanaugh had have replied, "No I don't believe in 'god'. ": There are plenty of secular Catholics who don't believe in god, just as there are plenty of secular Jews who don't believe in god. :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for the forthcoming...Kavanaugh vs Kangaroo fight....

[​IMG]
    Brett Kavanaugh To Fight A Kangaroo

Unless of course a bunch of Republican US Senators are refereeing.....they'd declare the eviscerated newly minted SCOTUS appointee the winner, regardless of whether he'd been 'boofed', or got tripped up in a 'devil's triangle'. :ROFLMAO: Devil's Triangle Wikipedia page changes definition during Kavanaugh hearing

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[fnny][ROFL][hrt][fnny][ROFL][fnny]

Asia-Off-Grid, 3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

14. chelloveck

Goodness...the progressives are only just starting to question the legitimacy of the SCOTUS??? Conservatives have been doing that for several decades, almost every time (it would seem) some conservative sacred cow law gets overturned on appeal.

15. chelloveck

Here's [2c] for your Klezmer band, om11......you could at least afford a tuning fork for them....

I can recommend this group of dudes to you....to celebrate Kegboy's confirmation! Huzzah!

16. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

17. chelloveck

Oh....your Klezmer band has signers for the hearing impaired??....that's very progressive and inclusive of you. Do you have a troupe of LGBTQI interpretive dancers backing the band, and ASL entertainers??? That would really give you some social justice warrior cred. [cmfrt]I'm sure Kegboy would be cool with that.

During your Klezmer band break, I highly recommend to you, and others, an article from Jacobinmag by Meagan Day...about Brett Kavanaugh's rise up the greasy pole of legal beagling.

Here's a taster...

Don't worry, Hillary and the Democrats also come in for serve too.

Apologies Motomom for the small deviation.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[biggrouphug][woot][biggrouphug][ROFL][boozingbuddies][boozingbuddies]
    I see we in the Vin tonight!

oldawg likes this.
  19. chelloveck

Vin ordinaire only, Gator tonight I'm afraid....even bets laid against horses that win on a fix have to be paid. :LOL:

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Is it not a little odd they try legislate from the supreme Court and now all of a sudden they don't want to.
    Funny how that works.

You think this was bad, just wait till rgb croaks around 2021 or 2022 and the Don appoints another one.

1. T. Riley
  2. GOG
  3. Ganado
  4. Legion489
  5. Minuteman
  6. BTPost
  7. BTPost
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. pearlselby
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7