Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Motomom34, Oct 2, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. I do not care

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had just had your back (#104) then you came in and blamed the Russians for Kavanaugh. foosed good grief, you are starting to sound like Rachel Maddow. But if what we did in our late teens/ early 20's dictates who we are in our 50's then there is an issue. I held many kegs parties, partook in all sorts of misbehavior. I wouldn't even be allowed on the step of the Senate and I did take Russian in high school so I must be part of the conspiracy.

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Lisa Murkowski voted NO. Since she is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Alaska Native Corporations, it was no surprise to local residents paying attention.

Now, you might ask, why dos this matter - the Kav is seated.

If you say this , you have missed the bigger picture. Here, let me lay it out.

Look at the screamers going after Kavanaugh
    abortionists
    Alaska Natives (very low key to be sure)
    Teachers Unions
    civil rights "activists" (AKA Social Justice) or Social Just-us
    ACLU
    Greenie organizations (at least 25 that I know of)

Actually, the list is quite lengthy. Use the search term "organizations opposed to the Kavanaugh nomination"

Now then. Why would such a disparate group of admittedly liberal organizations so violently oppose a single candidate?

Simply put, Kavanaugh (BK) is a strict Constitutionalist - that is to say, he views the document as written - not as viewed thru the lens of liberalism.

Abortionists? BK has said more than once the Roe v Wade was unconstitutional.
    At the time, the liberal Court that pushed this thru claimed the "Right" to an abortion was covered in "the penumbra' (the partially shaded outer region of the shadow cast by an opaque object.) of the Constitution - IOW, complete BS.

The Alaska Natives? The Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act was fought and went to the USSC, many believed this to be another case of legislating from the bench.

You go down the list of the folks you found on your search and you will also likely find where they received "Judicial legislation" - getting the law they wanted but could not get passed thru the normal political process. It is now normal for these folks to find a friendly (liberal to ultra-liberal) judge and file a lawsuit - and have the judge provide the Law/rule/whatever they are looking for. rather than try to sell their idea to voters.... In Alaska, this has become an industry.

BK is/was seen to have threatened this cozy rule by edict. Hence the money came out and the Rent-a-Mbd types showed up.

You think I jest?

The Alaska ACLU paid for the tickets for 100 women to fly to DC and 'protest'. (tickets are about $1K each r/t) Just one of many, many examples. Look at your own local 'news' reports - who paid for folks to travel from your A/O to protest.?

Oh yeah. This is far from over..

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Capt. Tyree, Zimmy, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I wonder how many protesters there would be if they weren't getting paid.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

A hellva lot less.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  5. DKR

It seems I'm not alone in some of my views

Democrats Shudder At Idea Of Having To Legislate Through Congress Should Supreme Court Lean Right

yes - this is a satire site....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Gator 45/70 and DKR like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeesh. You had to wake him up, din'cha?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

:cry:He’s probably still crying over the Supreme Court thing along with the other snow flakes:cry::cry::cry:
    :p:p

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Us squirrels are just hangin' out, thinking who will be the next justice the libs have to fabricate misinformation and lies about, before he / she is appointed..

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

No...no sense wasting tears on that appointment....given that the alternatives were even worse than kegboy.

Even though kegboy has been confirmed, that has not exonerated him; his nomination merely enjoyed a simple majority of the Senate numbers in his favour. He will carry the confirmation stink with him, through each judgement he pens an opinion to. If one is overjoyed that a candidate got the job, even though the candidate had bullsh!tted his way through his job interview...then, that probably says as much about his enthusiasts as it does about him. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Chell, when was the last time you went to a job interview where they asked you about your exploits in high school and, held you accountable for them. Not going to argue the merits of this candidate for the SCOTUS, but there is little he will be able to do without cases being referred to the SCOTUS for a decision.

Not one world leader of any country has ever had their life scrutinized as closely as BK, and they have infinitely more ability to affect the lives of the citizens of this world on a daily basis than a associate justice of the supreme court of the United States.

12. Asia-Off-Grid

No he won't. All the bullshit against him was just that - b u l l s h i t. The stupid liberals know just as we do. He is innocent. Now, they need some more whine with their cheese, to focus on other BS they have to manufacture for their next project.

oldawg, Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Asia-Off-Grid

Not to pick on ol' chello, but he is a liberal. Job interview may not be in his vocabulary. :D

Juuuuuust kiddin' chello. :D

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Well, until a case is brought challenging previous decisions, there will be no overturning even a glass of milk. Them damn ignorami weeping in their sweat band will just have to find something else to whimper about other than 2A or Rowe v. Wade.

Dunerunner likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

DOJ is investigating one of the Kavanagh accusers. Looks like the story the woman and her attorney told investigators kept changing.
    Not the Ford mental case lady but the other one. Her name is Julie somethingorother.
    It ain't over yet.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  16. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

that crooked lawyer and his stupid bitch accuser are only a start >>> the GOP is pushing the entire Kavanaugh debacle to the hilt - they aren't done with Feinstein by a long shot - even Flakes will pay in the long run for his last & final stab at the GOP ...

there's a long long memory heritage in congress - the next generation of GOP congresspeople will be using & talking about the Kavanaugh nomination and the DNC bs ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

there is nothing liberal about the left.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Unless you think that tolerating and promulgating bovine excrement isn't liberal. (But I know what you mean, their way or no way.)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That would be the third accuser. She was the adult that was going to underage parties where gang raping was happening. She had lots of holes in her story especially why would she keep going back to those parties. Julie Sedgwick was her name.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh, she must have been the one providing the alcohol.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. T. Riley
  2. GOG
  3. Ganado
  4. Legion489
  5. Minuteman
  6. BTPost
  7. BTPost
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. pearlselby
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7