Witless Dictator of Michigan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magdala_Buckley, Sep 4, 2019.

1. The governor of Michigan has decided that because it is an emergency she can ban flavored vape juice that contains nicotine. I have never been a smoker, but I am going to have to get off of my lazy butt to fight this directive. This is not the kind of thing that should become precedent. US state of Michigan bans flavored vaping products | Daily Mail Online

Gator 45/70 and Bandit99 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's a test of their power on something mundane.
    If it works no one really cares, if it doesn't work it's forgotten about pretty much immediately.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well , as a non smoker , That quit about 40 years ago , when they were banning smoking in bars and public places , I thought that was wrong , it just showed the .gov's power trip in my opinion . But this vaping thing , again in my opinion , isn't as safe as tobacco , IMO . They're already having people having seizure's and other problems associated with it . Just saw an article where a 20 something yr old girl ended up in the hospital in a coma associated with the vaping . They said vaping causes moisture to form in the lungs if done heavily , and that water settles in the lungs and forms bacteria . They said that young gal was really lucky she popped out of her condition , they said it could have been way worse . Maybe they're trying to ban the flavored stuff so as not to attract the younger kids . [dunno] I can see both sides here . As I don't have a dog in this fight , I'll let the vapers, and the .gov fight it out ,, but , I can just about tell you the outcome , if the .gov is involved .

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Nicotine is addictive and even can be used as a poison. It causes cancer. Vaping, smoking, chewing, or I suppose stuffing tobacco where the sun don't shine. Vaping as said above causes other lung problems. KIDS should not be allowed to vape! Adults aught to be able to kill themselves any stupid way that floats their boat.
    Just my humble opinion.

oldawg, Gator 45/70, john316 and 8 others like this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Once the government tried to ban alcohol through Prohibition, look how that turned out.

Magdala_Buckley and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. The vaping industry kind of screwed themselves by mislabeling vape juice that had nicotine as being nicotine free. Still, the idea that a governor can declare anything an emergency and ban a product is not a precedent I want to stand. Look at Fauxahontas declaring she would sign an executive order to stop all federal fossil fuel leases. Vaping isn't the important aspect, the problem is executive overreach.

7. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

This reminds me of YouTube censoring videos. Put the information out there and just let people decide for themselves. Like drinking and smoking. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing this stuff on them.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and OldDude49 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7