Wyoming is in The House...Well Almost ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator 45/70, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Casper was a thriving little metropolis, back when I was up there in 07'... Totally oilfield related though.

It was a beautiful drive from there, to Jackson Hole, via rock springs, but I didn't really care for JH, as it had that "yuppie cater economy" feel to it.. IMO

That was all before the crash, may be a different scene there now, as it is different in parts of Colorado, where we are moving to in may.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Suerto, You need to get out of town and meet some of the locals, or hang out where the locals do.... Makes a BIG difference... in your experience..... .... YMMV....

3. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Yeah, I just drove up there from pinedale to eat breakfast at the Virginian one morning, didn't stay long..

That was just the feel I got from driving thru.

4. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

I loved JH when I was a kid. Had to work in town a dozen or so times a year back in the early 2000's and man was it different than I rem. Can't hardly stand to drive through any more. And yes you have to get to know the real 'townies', not the transplants. Hell, a good portion of the labor base lives over the mtn in Idaho & commutes. Imagine that drive everyday when the snow flies...yikes! I had to do it one winter when the weather was decent but the roads were slick. Pucker factor 8.5+

Do swing by the Snake River Brewery though. Their Zonker Stout can't be beat.

Lol Pinedale! Small farm/ranch towns in WY are the best.

Byte

5. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

not when I was there back in 07, it was a booming oilfield town overflowing with roughnecks..

I could see it being a nice little town otherwise.. lol

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It was that in the 70s. WAY more black flies than people.

We were driving thru to Yellowstone and stopped on the side of the road just south of Pinedale to drain one of the kids. Nearly carried off before draining was complete ---

;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7