XS Armorers Block For AR15, AR10 and G2 Pattern Uppers

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, May 28, 2020.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ran across this while looking for an armorers block for my G2 pattern Adams AR308. Going rate is $75USD, which is not inexpensive, but considering it is well finished billet aluminum and it replaces three other armorers blocks it's a good value.

upload_2020-5-28_15-0-38.
    AR-15's and G2/GII pattern AR's use the three hole top as shown. It's barely visible in the picture above but "FRONT" is engraved at the left. Simply use the provided pins to secure the upper to the front hole and then secure to the rear hole that matches up with the receiver. For the AR-10 place the two hole side up and follow the same procedure.

This is machined to tight tolerances and holds the upper very securely. Pins fit TIGHT, so I coated them with grease and worked them a bit in the two holes that run from top to bottom to make sure the captive ball was free. I also greased the take down holes in the upper of my Ruger AR556 and still had to gently tap them through. I'll check it on my Aero Precision builds as well as my AR308. My guess is a snug but doable fit on those as well.

Those holes, BTW can be used for pin storage or they can be used to support a mandrel that goes inside the receiver for even more support. Instructions are here: https://www.xssights.com/ITEMMEDIA/10045/AR Block Instructions.pdf

Manufacturers web site: XS Armorers Block for AR Platforms

Here's a quick YT video. Interesting that he had a tight fit with his Ruger AR556 which he attributed to the receiver holes being too small, but a bit of grease and some gentle persuasion like I used likely would have done the trick.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    duane, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yes sir if you do much of any thing with the AR, then this is a handy tool.
    An example is changing out the Non Marked Dust Cover to one that IDs the caliber then this gives you that third hand to install a new cover and not have parts go flying, or have a tool slip and scar up the receiver.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  3. HK_User

duane and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's where I got mine. Just delivered today. Handy for many things, mounting scopes, changing muzzle devices, essential for a new build or barrel swap.

HK_User likes this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Handy, picked up block, barrel wrench, torque wrench and assorted box of springs and pins from garage sale for $5 from daughter of man who built ar's, she wouldn't even talk about what happened to guns he had, but I head from grandson that some dealer in another state had taken all those illegal guns off her hands, No serial no's etc and it was really a favor so that she wouldn't have to get involved with the police.

HK_User likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I wouldn’t be admitting to knowing about such a transaction in public (like on here). Total illegal, and now that “ Ghost Guns” are in the Sunday Night News, ATF is looking to make a score at someone’s expense......

HK_User likes this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

He never bought a lower and a jig and completed it, as far as I know, never bought a bare legal lower and completed it, but he had more than one upper for a legal lower and put in better triggers, mag releases etc. While everything was totally legal in NH, some may have been grand fathered or whatever in Mass. While it was a totally legal purchase of totally legal firearms, a "dealer" used her paranoia and fear of guns to buy all his firearms and such for about 10 cents on the dollar.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    oldawg likes this.
  8. HK_User

Another crook.
    And that is how I read the post.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7