YETI 36 oz vacuum bottle

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by DKR, Jun 12, 2021.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]

People give me stuff alla the time. Got one of these this week. Heavy gauge steel. Wide mouth.

Preheated the bottle with 120F water, while other water was brought to a boil. say 8 min or so

Put the boiling water in the flask, measured temp with a Food service grade thermometer.

Time 0 - 209F

Sat on counter @ room temp (call it ~60F) for 14 hours.

Temp 14 hours later - 156F.

Outside fo the bottle stayed at room temp. The only warm spot was the cap, as expected. I'll wrap the top in a wool cozy.

Guess who just got a new cooking bottle? This is just the thing, IMO, for my beans....

While I like the Hydroflask brand thermal bottle, the wide mouth just isn't all that wide. Does a super job in keeping cold water cold.

Anyway, find one of these at a GROJ sale, grab it. Better than an old-school Stanley thermal flask....

Gator 45/70, Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ditto on the Yeti thermos, they work as advertised, and are very high quality! We have a couple of their "Soup" Thermoses, and they will keep your liquids hot for a full day or so, or your ice water or other drinks COLD for at least 12 hours!

Pro Tip, make sure to crack the lid or keep the vent open when flying, I had mine pop pretty loud the other day, splashed hot Cofveve all over me, and I was only @ maybe 3000 feet! Made a hell of a mess in my brand new shiny air plane! Funny thing, my Sammich bag and Chips didn't pop, they should have before the Yeti did, and Yea, it's my fault, I forgot to vent everything! LOL

DKR, Gator 45/70, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Yeti is an UBER liberal company - shit on the US big time - Stanley 100% of the way !!!!!!

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

So, if you saw it at Goodwill for $5 you’d turn your nose up at it?

BTW...this was a gift...

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

have two Stanleys cleaning right now from garage sales >>> $1 each and they come with my ethics & morals intact - wouldn't touch traitors and butt fuckers for no amount of savings ....

crowdaddy, Cruisin Sloth and Alf60 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7