You have the Facts & then you have the False Media Reports.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Dec 1, 2017.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Texas State Rifle Association
    [​IMG]
    Dear TSRA Members, Family, and Friends:
    Fair and Balanced? Hardly!

On November 18th, a San Antonio newspaper published distorted and disturbing commentary on recent tragedies and comments by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Link to SAE Editorial from 11/18

Last week an opinion piece ran in the San Antonio Express News. It was a staff editorial entitled 'Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable'.

I followed with a letter-to-the-editor to respond on behalf of TSRA members. I followed up and followed up.

Maybe the holiday weekend slowed things down, we can hope this is why the rebuttal has not been published; however this publication editorializes for more gun control and prints opinion pieces from anti-gun organizations.

Below is the TSRA's rebuttal article:

The Express-News's recent editorial, Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable, was a blatant takedown piece completely devoid of fact. It's baseless articles such as this one that cause Americans to distrust the media.
    At issue was Attorney General Ken Paxton's statement after the shooting in Sutherland Springs. Paxton said, to paraphrase, keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is not always possible, and if a person is willing to kill another, they are willing to violate gun laws.
    Paxton's statement, with which the editorialist took issue, is a fact.
    Criminals, by their very definition, break the law. Mass shooters have targeted gun-free zones, stolen guns are often recovered from crimes scenes, and straw purchases are a major source of crime guns.
    The writer then goes on to interpret Paxton's statement as resignation that nothing can be done. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not only can much be done - but it is being done.
    Just last week, Texas Sen. John Cornyn introduced a bill to strengthen the national instant background check system and incentivize states to add criminal and mental health records that disqualify individuals from purchasing and possessing firearms. For nearly a decade, Texas law has required our courts to report records of convicted felons, domestic abusers and individuals who are adjudicated mentally incompetent to NICS.

Neither the state, nor the federal government has been sitting by idly and failing to address the issue.
    Paxton was also correct that, thankfully, in Texas, citizens have the right to defend themselves. No government has the right to deny its people the most basic, fundamental right to act in defense of their life. Law-abiding gun owners are not to blame for the actions of a madman.

The Express-News needs to check its facts before publishing such misleading anti-gun propaganda.
    Alice Tripp
    Legislative Director
    Texas State Rifle Association
    TSRA is a 99 year old state association with over 36,000 statewide members. The focus is on competitive shooting, gun safety and hunting programs, and protecting the rights laid out in the 2nd Amendment.

If you are unintentionally dropped from this email alert list, you can add yourself back by going to www.tsrapac.com. The link is at the top of the page. You will never be "dropped" by us and only YOU may added your name back to the list!

The Texas State Rifle Association was founded in 1919 . We thank our 37,000 members in Texas and around the country for their continued support.

www.tsra.com and www.tsrapac.com

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, after all, it IS San An, the center for TX liberal politics, safe spaces, sanctuary, and snowflakethink. Or so I'm told by some TX residents on my correspondence list. Even my soft headed (liberal) cousin in the Ft. W area says so.

What gripes me, left or right, is creative writing posing as reporting.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"...and if a person is willing to kill another, they are willing to violate gun laws."

I would add that if a person is willing to die in order to kill you or others then they are willing to violate any and all laws and they're almost impossible to stop except with a bullet. Seems many forget this...you are not going to stop them with a few words on paper, laws...nope.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7