Your Children Will Definitely Be Microchipped

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

An NBC News report that promotes the microchipping of children asserts that it will happen “sooner rather than later” and that Americans will eventually accept the process as something just as normal as the barcode.

It goes on to highlight mother of three Steffany Rodroguez-Neely, who talks about how she briefly lost her daughter after she hid behind a rack of clothes, bringing to the fore, “every parent’s nightmare when you can’t find your child.”
    “If it’ll save my kid, there’s no stuff that’s too extreme,” says Rodroguez-Neely. “Micro-chipping would be an extra layer of protection, if something bad does happen.”

[​IMG]

Rodroguez-Neely goes on to explain how she has braved skepticism from members of the local Tampa Bay Moms Group, people like Kerri Levey, who are wary about implanting their own children.
    “You’re putting a battery in your kid, you’re putting a chip in your kid. And, where does it stop,” asks Levey. “Where? It’s going too far. This is a child we’re talking about.”
    “If a small chip the size of a grain of rice could have prevented a tragedy, I think most parents would have said, I think I would have done it,” responds Rodroguez-Neely.
    The piece flips back to pushing the idea when it quotes electronics expert Stuart Lipoff, who asserts that microchipping children is safe and inevitable.
    “People should be aware that testing is being done right now. The military is not only testing this out, but already utilizes its properties. It’s not a matter of if it will happen, but when,” states Lipoff.
    Lipoff also told NBC that people shouldn’t be concerned about “big brother” tracking their children and that the technology was merely an upgrade on the traditional barcode.

“When barcodes first came out in the late 1960s, people were appalled. They were wary of them and did not understand the concept. Today, it is so commonplace, we don’t even notice it. A microchip would work much in the same way,” he states, adding that it will “definitely happen”.
    NBC reporter Melanie Michael appears to agree, remarking that the size of the chip is “very very small” and that “the expert tells us this will happen sooner rather than later.”
    “You can bet somewhere someone someday is going to pull this off and we could see those microchips in everyone,” she adds.
    The sheer creepiness of children being treated like barcoded products seems to be lost on Michael.
    The entire premise of the piece is extremely odd to say the least. Did Rodroguez-Neely approach NBC with the idea to promote implantable microchips as a way of finding lost children, or is the segment a pure propaganda blitz to normalize the idea in the minds of the viewers?
    Either way, it doesn’t come across as very balanced, aggressively promoting the safety aspect of the microchip over concerns about its clear Orwellian scope.

What do you think? Would you microchip your child?
    NBC: Your Children Will Definitely Be Microchipped | Our Daily Ideas

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If I had offspring they wouldn't be microchipped but they would be armed and know how to take care of themselves. Chip me and I'll cut it out and show you a mighty uncomfortable place to have one put.

RightHand, Ganado, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

When the proponent has a hyphenated name, I am always leery of their opinions. Seems to be tied to their state sponsored liberal mindset.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That chip can be removed just as easily by a kidnaper.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The chips are only useful in proving ownership of a pet or live stock, kids too.
    You could use them to open an rfid reading door lock if you were real tech savy, then someone just needs to remove the chip or that part of your body to gain access.
    Putting a chip in your kids, just giving them more reasons to hate you, need therapy and distrust you as they grow up.

If your child runs off and happens to find some one with a chip reader all that reader is going to do is spit out a serial number, which does you no good if it's not tied into a data base. That's if you bothered to register the chip to the data base.
    Then it's more info that can be hacked, chip numbers duplicated, so on and so forth.
    It only seems like a good idea if you don't really knpw how it works.
    It's no substitute for being a good parent. Which is what I think they really want.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

There have been cases where pets with implanted microchips develop cancers at the chip site. Oh yeah, great thing to place in our kids......

Ganado, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Sounds like a great underground job opportunity for Sass-safe sterile chip removal..

Ganado, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Interesting. Kids could return the favor when their parents get old/senile and start wandering off. :D

9. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Soooo... do they make chips that explode when they pass the invisible fence?
    Asking for a friend...

Motomom34, Ganado, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I don't see the need for it and I truly doubt if it will not see 'mission creep' so to speak. But, I do think it will happen, first with the military to prove it is harmless then it will be demanded by employers for access to buildings and etc. with an upgrade to show if you are on drugs or hung over from last night's party. I can also see them trying to justify its insertion where it cannot be removed, again that will start with the military. And, my personal opinion is when this happens it is game over. Open this Pandora's box and you will never close it.

RightHand, Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  11. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No, I will not be chipped, nor will my wife or kids.
    How would having a chip help you locate someone? From what I understand the chips are passive RFID, and even if they have a power source and continually transmit 'something' you'd have to be so close to them with the scanner I doubt it would make a difference if they had the chip or not.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Chips are NFG for search and rescue, they are passive and extremely short range responders. (Zacly zo k-drag.) They will serve well in recovery, but so will DNA. I see no point in chipping people.

Tully Mars and Seawolf1090 like this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG] [bow]

Motomom34, ditch witch and Tully Mars like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah the max range on them now is a few inches, it might be able to be extended to a few feet and be picked up by something like one of those library book detection systems.

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Isn't there an old book that warns about taking a mark??;)

17. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^That's true however the Beast didn't get elected so it's now a moot point.

Bandit99 likes this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have never read that nor heard that the chips can be cancer causing.

The argument for pro chipping would be why would one chip their pet and not their child. I have argued this topic and the come back for the chippers is always, Do you love your pet more?

19. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

really? hmmm... what about tracking? That is what such stuff is really for... do you want your children tracked for their entire lives?

and if your children are with you and chipped guess who now knows where you are?

do you really want the gov n PTB knowing so much about you and yours all the time?

for me that is the real argument against... although there are some that will add the mark of the beast argument...

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[​IMG]
    The argument for would be: what would be the harm? What have you to hide? And why would the government even be interested in tracking you daily? Many have said for your safety, it would be good for emergency officials to be able to locate you easily if you were lost. Most live mundane lives with routines so they would be easily tracked, especially through debit/ credit card transactions or through your vehicle (if you have a new one) so what difference is an implanted micro-chip?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7