Your papers!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Big Ron, May 7, 2018.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I just got an email from the AZ DOT Telling me to consider getting a voluntary travel ID. The email talks about a 2020 deadline. On OCT 1 2020 your standard ID will not be accepted by the TSA. Some world we live in.

Motomom34, hank2222 and Seepalaces like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

My WA state ID does not allow me to fly per TSA requirements..... if I want to pay for the enhanced version, no problem..... but they want to keep ID cost low for the illegals here in our state....bunch of BS..... ;)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

PA is in the same boat. DL does not meet the "standards" established by whichever alphabet agency is in charge. There's a waiver in place, good for another two(ish) years, has been extended twice so far.

In the meantime, a passport satisfies everyone if you want to carry it.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's always good to have a passport ready to go anyway. The ID thing has been around for a while now. IMO if it isn't good enough to travel it isn't good enough for voting, either.

Ganado, Lancer, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just say’en.... You are much better off using a US Passport for ID, than a Drivers License... Just consider the Data about you on your ID:
    Drivers License... Name, Address, State, Birthday, Height, Weight, Color of Eyes, Eye Glasses, Type of License, Organ Donor, Endorsements, Restrictions, Picture

Passport... Name, State of Birth, Birthday, Picture

Just how much information do you want to give, ANY Official, when asked for ID.... I have had LEOs ask me for a Drivers License, when I present my Passport, as ID, when NOT DRIVING... Then I give them my Standard Answer... “Sir, That Document gives you ALL the Information you are Legally entitled to....” That usually causes them to get a bit “Hot under the collar” and I just smile and keep repeating that same line, until the Go Away, usually muttering....

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I Use Passport / s & travel with a Encarta (customs document) , Last US border dude who was new & didn't understand & ask for a full search , was billed , He learn't quick
    That mistake cost him to go back to TSA /Border school .

Always carry the correct ID & Badge or ?

Sloth

Gator 45/70, hank2222 and tacmotusn like this.
  7. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

I have the i.d.everyday carried
    passport
    passport I.d.card
    state issued drivers license
    state issued i.d.card
    State issued c.c.w.permit
    State issued investigators license
    V.A.i.d.cards
    Military retirement I.d.card
    So I have a lot of the papers

Gator 45/70, tacmotusn and oldbee1966 like this.
  8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

This is not new news guys. Look up the "real id act". some states complied, others did not. It appears that those of you upset at this point are in the one of the states that did not comply.

9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah I got the same thing from AZDOT. If I decide to travel, which I truly despise unless it's by motor vehicle, I'll get another passport. Last one expired in March.

Even more disturbing, went to the doctor (urologist) yesterday and they had me fill out all new medical history forms. On one of the forms they asked about guns in the home followed by Yes/No check boxes.

I haven't seen that in years. I thought the practice had been discontinued. Much as I hate to lie....well, you get the picture. It's none of their damn business. Why in the Sam hell does a urologist need to know whether or not I own firearms?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. ghrit

There is a period of time where you don't need to start from scratch with birth certs and all that for renewal. I think it's a year, but could well be wrong. Anyway, you'll never regret having a PP, even if you don't see a use for it now.

11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I just hand then my DOD card.
    'Cept for Cops while driving.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  12. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Plus those who where in the military have D.N.A. And FRINGERPRINTS on file with government along several state and federal agency’s for diff things I done over the years

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. ghrit

Yes on the fingerprints. Specific DNA collection didn't start until after I was out. Not to say that there wasn't something saved that has it, dunno 'bout such.

14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

For many here, passports are a way of life. I think I am now on my third one. And, it is considered 'real ID' which has also been pointed out. Actually, I think it is very good advice to have a passport even if you don't ever intend to use it.

15. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Funny I see a time where no matter the mode of travel you will have to show a travel card at a state line and it will look very much like the (old) Mexican border with all the notable questions where is your destination, how long are you staying whats the purpose for your visit, do you have family or friends there ( list them) and it could go on up to and including a strip search ( but that will never happen here ). I also see where Etags will be on all vehicles that cross state lines and your mobile device will snitch on passengers then there are all the cameras so we are running headlong into an Orwellian nightmare 1984 or the movie "Logan's Run" might be more appropriate. know that there is no law that requires a drivers license ID yes so that may be the reason for a travel permit because that is really what it is a permit.

Our legal system has messed up the thing so badly that now they need to control everyones movements so I guess the honor system does not work with criminals ? then they needed a leg monitor but then the criminal just uses a proxy. this is just more physical control eventually all of us will be like exotic game in a fenced hunting ranch.

He who gives his freedom for safety gets none of them. Thomas Jefferson, I use this instead of the Benjamin Franklin quote, because of it has been so maligned and twisted that it is even now being attributed to liberalism and even the letter it was included in is in question or the it was about taxing of Pennsylvanians to pay for defense against Indian attacks. the fact that Thomas Jefferson made this similar remark undermines the attack on Benjamin Franklin's quote as incomplete irrelevant or not made by him at all. Our founding fathers were in unity about many things not all but as we see all the rulers have to do is require and everyone bends over liberty to travel is not a gift it is an inalienable right given by God not little "g" of government remember that slaves were not allowed to travel without "permission" or in lieu of the owner his representative so now we have been upgraded to "owned" chattel.

Dont, Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  16. Internal passports? Just another way to tax and fine people.

17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It says that my state is compliant with the Real ID act but I do not have one and had no issues flying earlier this year. I really dislike going to the DMV and find this new ID idea ridiculous.

18. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

if you move around with regular address changes - no requirement to make passport changes .....

Tully Mars and hank2222 like this.
  19. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I have no need of nor desire for a passport, RealID, or other imposing nonsense. Drivers license is bad enough.
    Perhaps our illustrious representatives should be required to read and comprehend the Constitution?

20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The Travel passport cards cannot legally be used for airline trael - even tho it is a Gov't issued picture ID.

Entering the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from:
    • Canada
    • Mexico
    • The Caribbean
    • Bermuda
    The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.

The passport card is Real ID compliant and can be used for domestic air travel.

Oddly, since I live in Alaska, that makes it 'International"? I think not if I depart from a US airport and arrive at a US airport.but I have had a-holes at an airport turn it down. Once.

Cost - $65. I'll not renew. I'll just carry my passport. Eff'em

Ganado, Gator 45/70, hank2222 and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7