Presidential medal of freedom just became meaningless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbb, May 3, 2024.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Bidum's madness never ceases to piss me off

Seven politicians are among the recipients: former New York mayor and philanthropist Michael Bloomberg; Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C.; former Sen. Elizabeth Dole; climate activist and former Vice President Al Gore; Biden's former climate envoy, John Kerry; former Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., who died in 2013; and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

There is not single one of these POS worthy of a damn thing

jim2, Hanzo, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Kind of like the Oscars and other Self Congratulatory back patting groups of like minded, this medal of freedom has never really be worth anything, not when it's awarded to a bunch of self righteous entitled pricks! I mean, They awarded it to Obummer, what the fuck did he ever do for this country that would merit anything! Mike Bloomberg, what a worthless piece of shit, and Nasty Nancy, yea, WORTHLESS!

jim2, mysterymet, Zimmy and 1 other person like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I beg to differ
    [​IMG]

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Elizabeth Doyle is the only one on that list that is at least partially deserving. She and Bob were actually good people.

Ura-Ki, Zimmy, duane and 1 other person like this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

What did Elizabeth Dole do?
    She served as director of the White House Office of Public Liaison, from 1981 to 1983 and as United States Secretary of Transportation from 1983 to 1987 under Ronald Reagan. She was also appointed by Reagan to chair task forces that sought to reform federal and state laws to ensure equal rights for women.

Worthy of medal of freedom ---not in my book

jim2 likes this.
  6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

All anyone has to do, is look at a photo of military members of certain foreign countries that practice communism, to understand the reason why they give each other these things. Whether it's the old USSR, North Korea or China, a chest full of medals is the fashion statement of the year!

jim2 and RouteClearance like this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I guess Biden is handing out medals and awards while he still can, and soon it will be pardons!

jim2 likes this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

My Mom went to school with her. Her parents were wealthy and owned Hanford Greenhouses in Salisbury NC. In school she always shared with poorer classmates, buying lunches and sometimes treating classmates to Ice Cream, not a small feat as WWII was just winding down. Her family contributed much back to the community and her Philanthropy continued throughout life. After marrying Bob Dole they continued to serve the community, both politically and and as philanthropists. I have met them, Bob once and Libby many times, and they truly were "give you the shirt off their back" people. This is why I say she is the only one on the list even close to honoring the Medal of Freedom.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7