trunk gun for BOB

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by spero, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spero

spero Monkey+

I am a college student so any "assaualt Weapons" are a no go as are handguns. i do live off campus so that is where i keep my less P.C. weapons but i need a suggestion for a P.C. trunk gun.[dunno]

2. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

I would recommend either a TT33 or M57. they shoot the 7.62x25 are inexpensive and shoot really well...

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

[Originally Posted by spero [​IMG]
    I am a college student so any "assaualt Weapons" are a no go as are handguns.]

A breakdown .22LR rifle or 18" barreled shotgun would fill the bill.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If you take your car on campus, make sure you read the conditions required for the parking pass. Some of them are invasive on the whim of a uniform. Campus security doesn't necessarily observe the same standards as LEOs have to follow.

5. spero

spero Monkey+

i like the ideas so far. i am currently using a pardner pumb in 12 ga. i bought it at dicks for 145 earlier i the year but i would like to replace it with a rifle. i do not want to use a pistol as my primary but i will look into getting a TT33 or M57 for a back-up handgun.

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

My bedside partner would work fine, a Winchester Defender 18" 12 gauge.

7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

There is no "PC" gun on campus. If they find a gun in your car there, you will likely be spending a bit of time and resource fighting a court battle (on top of getting kicked out of school).

My advice is leave the gun at home when you are in school and drop any un-PC gun you want in your trunk the rest of the time.

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

if you live close to campus... 5 miles or less don't bother with a trunk gun if TSHTF while you are in school campus is required to notify you ASAP so you can make an informed descision following the VT killings they must have a emergency notification procedure... then just head to your apt and load out...

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

10. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Something smells here...........about as bad as a bunch of trout in the back of a vehicle thats been in the sun for 5 days.......I hope someone else smells it for gods sake. If you understand what I'm saying please PM me.

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

If caught with a firearm on campus you will likely go to jail, lose your firearm, and get kicked out of college. Is it worth the risk-something you will have to answer for yourself. Today there are more campus cops to keep a lid on things. Hopefully you will never need any more protection than them.

12. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

The Trunk monkey series are hilarious. Most colleges don't allow any type of gun on their campuses.

13. spero

spero Monkey+

maybe i should park off campus at the parking lot next door. i only asked because i have a California style gun case. ie more locks then Fort Knox. and figured it would be legal but i gues you guys are right. thanks

14. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

regardless of where you park, items in your vehicle are subject to theft. If someone steals the gun case, I don't care how many locks it has, the thief will have the time to remove them when he is at home.
    Best bet is to keep the firearms securely locked up at home, unless they are in your physical control.
    Keep an alternative form of self defense in the car (batton, mace, etc.)
    Just my opinion here.

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Melbo, great minds think alike. I was about to post this as an alternative.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wue6WyKuNBI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wue6WyKuNBI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

Go with a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm glock mags. That is what I have in my trunk. Great Small carbine, can hide almost anywhere.

17. Diddy

Diddy Monkey+

Yeah it does kinda smell...

We all need to be careful about the information that is disseminated here on public internet boards. I know people are just trying to be helpful but there are far too many people that will use that information against you / us.

You may think I'm being overly paranoid but it doesn't take much for the left and the media to use things against us. Frankly the OPs question should not have been asked. If this perosn is serious about his question he should be checking with his local gun laws and the campus/university police.

18. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

1: nobody is interested in helping you break any law.

Now having said that, the original question appeared to be a legitimate one and even if not, somebody else coming around and finding it similar to his own desire deserves a reasonable answer.

I got around to choosing a lever action rifle as the 'low profile' trunk gun that doesn't look scary if that's an issue you want to avoid. There certainly is nothing wrong with considering how you will appear in the event you find yourself in a position of needing a firearm in the sight of others.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

+1. There don't seem to be any responses that advocate or indicate that there is a way to break the laws (and campus regulations) and get away with it. In fact, most of the responses point toward responsible and legally compliant means of owning a gun of any flavor within a school setting. Could there have been a plant looking for someone to show his shorts? Sure. But I think it was an honest question deserving of an honest answer. So far, that's what he got, and that's what we are here to do, to help out those that have questions about getting thru the (arguably) coming SHTF. Good work, folks.

(And how is a trunk monkey a bad thing? :lol:}

20. spero

spero Monkey+

thanks for the responces.

i have decided to park off campus. i go to college in canton Ohio. i am just going to park of campus and hoof it to class. the reason i wanted i p.c. trunk gun is that while i go to school in canton i live about 45-50 min away by car and during any shtf incidents i will not take the freeway. however this forces me to go through some bad sides of town and past a police station and city hall. so i wanted to be armed as the path i will have to take home may be dangerous. i am currently leaning towards a marlin model 336 in .30-.30 and a .38spl. i did not want to trick anyone. this is just one of the things i am very nervous about and was a large flaw in my get home plan. thnks for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7