Who Will Be The First To Own The Arsenal Double Barrel .45?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

It is real. I emailed the company to find out how much it will cost, they say they are setting up a worldwide distributorship and will know the retail price soon.
    Some speculation on another website it will be classified as a "machinegun" due to firing two bullets with one pull of the trigger. I dispute this as the mechanism isn't functioning to fire two bullets "automatically"; they are coming at the same time with one pull. Either way, two of a good thing is good stuff.
    http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/produ...barrel-pistol#

9B5x9.

ditch witch and sgt peppersass like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The pistol is no more a machine gun than a guy who is holding a single barrel semi auto pistol in each hand is a machine gun. Emptying the pistol's magazine with a single depression of the trigger may be a different matter altogether though. I am still not convinced that there are enough substantial advantages to owning such a piece as to warrant actually parting with good cash for. It is an interesting novelty. That's perhaps it's only real value I think.

tulianr likes this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) at 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(23), and the National Firearms
    Act (NFA) at 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), define the term “machinegun” as “any weapon which
    shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

Using that as the definition (since that's the one used to lock you away), it is a machine gun. One trigger pull, two shots. End of story.

Do I agree with it? No, but my opinion doesn't matter on the subject.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you Read the original Blurb, They Stated that the Triggers, could be combined or NOT depending on the Manufacturing Setup.... So a Weapon with Separate Triggers, even IF they were Pulled by One Finger would make this weapon, NOT fall under the USAs NFA Rules.... ..... YMMV....

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

so a double barrel shot gun with 2 triggers pulled in unison are considered a machine gun?

I'm guessing that is the same methodology they are getting around with on this unit.

you probably have to pull both triggers for it to fire.

Just guessing.

Or what BT just posted above :)

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

..and the other setup (with the permanently joined triggers) would...I guess it depends on how generous you feel toward batfe...[dunno]

BTW Bruce - THANK YOU for spelling "separate" correctly!

BTPost likes this.
  7. whiteoak

whiteoak Monkey

I don't want one but have to get a chance to hold or shot one. If you thought regulation on a double rifle was a pain in the butt. try getting both barrels of this on paper at 50 yards!
    I agree that it would seem to be a class 3 gun. But I never would have believed the .410 revolver would get past ATF either.

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

From their site about both bullet hits, "in a target of the size of an orange at 15 yards and of a water melon at 25". Just a novelty in my opinion because of the weight, size and inaccuracy.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I see this as, at best, an expensive bit of 'industrial art'. I don't want one. I just cannot, for ME, see any practical use.......

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Practicality is not the point. Lamborghinis are not practical.

ditch witch likes this.
  11. Seawolf1090

Which is why, along with the cost, I do not drive one.

[fnny]

12. ghrit

If you can afford it, practicality is not the issue, now is it?

If the double barrel hand cannon is "reasonably" priced, I will give it some thought, even if not much. Depend on it or daily carry? Nah. My scrawny carcass don't much like the idea of 4 pounds hanging off one side, not counting mags.

13. Seawolf1090

Strap that hogleg to your belt, you'll soon blend in with the Homies.....

[fnny]

ghrit likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This weapon just has to be featured in the next Apocalypse Movie.... Just like the S&W 29 was feature in "the Road Warrior" with Mel Gibson..... Can't wait to see it......

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Might be a great item to collect, I can see them going out of production quick..

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

and when you can't hit the zombie and run out of bullets, you can use it as a club.

17. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I don't know who'll be first,but I know who'll be the last to own one.

18. ghrit

Two trigger or one trigger? Hm. Does firing one side have enough snort to cycle the slide, and does it eject an unfired cartridge from the unfired side when that is done? What happens if one side misfires?

Reliability might be the downfall. Still, the novelty factor is REALLY high.

19. Seawolf1090

It'll become a little-seen curiosity along with the Medusa revolver and the funny combination .223 rifle and 12 ga. shotgun that came out a few years back........

20. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I would much rather have 2x 1911s than two siamese twin abominations.

I really can't see the point. Firing 2x ball 230 gn projectiles provides about 800 ft/lbs energy.... a .44 magnum still beats this by another 400 ft/lbs. If you need more punch... get a bigger gun, not this....this....thing.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7