Gear Review 100% Wool Blankets (Master Listing)

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FTM2 Tartar

FTM2 Tartar On Hiatus Banned

shopvcs.va.gov has several wool blankets, I believe they are all mentioned elsewhere in this thread, they're from fox tactical and rothco, none are 100% tho...
    Oddly, the Navy/MarineCorp ExChange has none online, tho I recall they were available instore, once-upon-a-time...
    Also, several VA residential facility have them [the green Army issue 100%wools] for issue to in-patients, but they don't sell them...
    =-==
    On socks, the NEX/MCx has :
    NAVY Dive "Natural" Socks Reg.: $2.97 - 75%wool sizes 10,11,12,13
    and;
    Jefferies Black 40-Below Boot Socks 2 Pair Style #21024 Reg.: $12.00 - only 50%wool - two sizes, 9-11 or 10-13 - that's a two pair bundle

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I would guess it is a blend since they did not state 100% and the price is to low for one. My post was from 9/19 so I don't remember what the description was back then, if different.

3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Brokor likes this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I've got a couple of queen sized Pendleton wool blankets and an old Hopi blanket. They are a part of my favorite things.

Seawolf1090, Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I really need a new wool blanket have had one for 30 years and it's getting a little thin yes it every night ( wife thinks I'm crazy. Found a site has Vietnam olive drab 70% virgin wool and 30% recycled wool NOS not cheap 80 bucks 4.9 pounds. Probably bite the bullet and order one

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Try this, you won't be disappointed. $40 for an 80/20 with this quality is great.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IJWUYLK/?tag=survivalmonke-20
    And they have full 100% virgin wool for $99, too.

7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Thanks ----saw those on Amazon wasn't sure about them so I'll take your word and just ordered 2 one for me and one for the wife ---costs less than the NOS military blanket I was considering.

Brokor likes this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No problem! I did review it a while back: Gear Review - 100% Wool Blankets (Master Listing)

CraftyMofo likes this.
  9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Just got my blankets Brokor --nice blankets thanks again

CraftyMofo and Brokor like this.
  10. CheroKiya

CheroKiya Monkey

I looked at 100% wool blankets and the absolute best one for the money I could find new, right here in the usa, is from selfreliance outfitters made by faribault mill. 6+lbs, queen, ~$208 (it's huge). Everything else I could find was at least 100$ more or even twice that and not one was as big or as heavy. In contrast I bought direct a twin-sized from faribault mill a few years back and got basically a throw blanket that cost $175, and then my mom washed and dried it like an axxx/H$, and now it's like a baby blanket. In constrast the queen I just got was used for a month, washed in warm and dried for 30m on high and didn't shrink at all! If I get another wool blanket it will be the sro one for sure. Any good 100% wool blanket that covers you comfortably is a good blanket period. But $200 for one that don't even shrink is incredible and it's 100% USA too.

Zimmy and Tempstar like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. HK_User
  3. DKR
  4. Hanzo
  5. RouteClearance
  6. Bishop
  7. Hanzo
  8. chelloveck
  9. Brokor
  10. Brokor
  11. Astrodokk