Blood clotters

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Pitdog, Apr 20, 2008.

Register to hide advertisements

1. Pitdog

Pitdog Dark Lord

Anyone know of a source for some of the clotting powders?
  2. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

You can use ground cayenne pepper, ground witch hazel, and from what I have read cob webs. [chopper]

OGM
  3. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Founding Member

What clotting powders? You need to be more specific, you mean chitosin bandages? Never saw clotting powder "in the box"
  4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Celox and Traumadex available here.
    I have both and have bought from BOB many times.

I'm not trained in it's use but I figure if the decision is bleed out or bleed out, I might be willing to give them a try.

http://www.readymaderesources.com/cart/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=111
    Click on "More info"

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CELOX is Not Exothermic; and is made with chitosin. It comes in a powder.[/FONT]
  5. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

6. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

Any farm supply store will have blood clotter with their hoof and horn trimming supplies.
    jollyrodger13, steeled and Cephus like this.
  7. Pitdog

Pitdog Dark Lord

Thanks for the replies, I will be looking.
    Got some friends @ Bragg looking.
  8. monkeyman

monkeyman Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Yup, I would be looking at the spice rack (cyanne pepper, black pepper, etc) or the farm supply places. I have a bottle that got from Farm and Home localy and keep it in the kit for the farm and animals.

Farm supply places are an AWESOME source for medical supplies. You can get the clotting agents, syringes, IV or oral antibiotics, Coban (excelent wrap and exact stuff you pay through the nose for at drug stores but for pennies on the dollar), scalpuls, and some time even sutchers as well as staples and such.
    jollyrodger13 likes this.
  9. gprod55

gprod55 Monkey

Table Pepper

Regular table pepper can be used for blood clotting. Its also antibacterial in nature. I've used it with success in minor cuts due to daily misshaps. I carry a packet in my pocket that you see in restaurants and when I cut myself and apply it to the wound it stops the bleeding. There is no burning sensation when used. I've not tried it on any major cuts because I've not had the contact for anything major.
  10. ghrit

ghrit troglodyte Administrator Founding Member

Hm. Interesting use for pepper. Parallels its use in Barsleak for automotive radiators. (Works well there, too.) Any of our EMTs have input for this?
    ColtCarbine likes this.