Civil War Pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -06, Mar 19, 2012.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

I know it was a fictional work--Gone With The Wind--but Rhett Butler said it right. The South did not have a chance. Guts and chilvary could not win against the overpowering military/resources, and reserves of the Northern states.

chelloveck likes this.
  2. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

They almost did, with the backing of the French and british..

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Chello if you didnt write books I could understant your posts better.

The South before the war had most of Eroupe on its side..... The South also had far better "FIGHTERS" or troops as you will. We had no use for the North and just wanted to be free. The South with a offensive stragety insted of a political could have settled the war in less than a year with no where the blood shed.

As for the current state most cities are unliveable but I cant really contrubuite that to anymore than liberal rule

Alpha Dog likes this.
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I wish there was a consideratin of a "state" as being its own country, Its really now just some map line drawings,,, unless its with Mexico then ther is no line..... Very sad but true

5. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Thing is, back then, they had moral code, scruples, and honor..

Nowadays, the generals attend colleges as elite as the politicians and with as little connection to the commoners (commoners being people who actually produce products with physical labor) as such..

And with as little honor as them.. As, being an officer is as political as being a politician.

I've witnessed this in the corporate (oilfield) world, shunned it, called it, rebuked it, and was quickly removed from my position of authoritie because I didn't play ball nicely... I.E. politically..

It has in-undated itself in any aspect of business/politics in a slacks needed work life, coming down from the top.

JMO...

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

The South before the war had most of Eroupe on its side..... The South also had far better "FIGHTERS" or troops as you will. We had no use for the North and just wanted to be free. The South with a offensive stragety insted of a political could have settled the war in less than a year with no where the blood shed.
    [/quote]

[applaud] Larry Very well said.

larryinalabama likes this.
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Even though Falcoln gave you a like ............
    WAR is you fight you kill and you win at all cost PERIOD>

Was the USA Politically correct the night they burned 2/3 of Toyokio in one night,,,,, killing every thing women children rats and bugs.
    Then later using two Nuecluear bombson civilian targets?????????
    Just saying

8. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Again, you recite ancient history..

Everything changed after vietnam, you can't deny that..;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7