just imagine when the exodus is for real

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As it is a rifle as compared to a pistol; a folder is hard to beat when traveling. :D

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You can't get any shorter than a Cruiser:

mossberg_54125_b.

3. Pistolero

Pistolero Monkey++

Exodus

I worked for many years as a Railroad Inspector. I had a one ton truck with smaller bogey wheels that would extend and retract hydrolicly for Rail travel. I receintly quit the RR to join my wife in florida. Still not old enough to collect my pension but will later. Working the northern routes I.E. The Yellowstone, Jamestown, Glasgow, Devil's Lake etc. subdivisions 40 below in winter is common. I always had survival gear as standard equipment in my truck. Sometimes I would get called out in the dead of night in winter to respond to a RR collision or any other track or bridge problem. I always figured if I had to bug out I would grab the wife, my guns and hit the rails with my work truck. I could go anywhere by rails if I needed to thus avoiding the traffic jams and all the problems with that. Could always refuel at either gas stations or in the Railroad yards. Working I always carried my 45 anyway to put down any Deer or catle that ended up getting hit by a train. most of the time they were dead anyway but not always.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

True, as long as you had contact with the Section Dispatcher, and they clear you into the Traffic system on the Track ahead.... wouldn't be prudent to have 50 MPh Freight Train come at you from around the Bend, and not know it was coming...... ...... YMMV.....

5. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

We had three car loads of extended family when buggin out for hurricane Francis.Taking back roads it took 11hrs to get to the Ga.Line.All the rural back roads were like one big tailgate party.
    It turns out that if we had gone towards the storm and ran up I-95 we would never have had to stop.A friend of ours did in his little super charged Subaru without having to drop below 120mph Till he got to the state line.
    Matt

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7