MFJ to shortly close doors forever

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by DKR, Apr 25, 2024.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

If you had been thinking of buying any comm gear from MFJ - now is the time before they are gone for good.

MFJ Enterprises Inc.

they will sell off existing inventory and gear, work thru what repair items they have on hand.

Another victim of heavy handed FedGov COVID shutdown - they never recovered from that hit..

Before the chorus of - Mississippi's Finest Junk, don't. They won't be around long to kick.

2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

It's a shame, but by the same token their quality has really bottomed out over the last few years. I picked up a 2 position switch at a hamfest last year that, upon opening it to see why it wouldn't work, found it didn't have the contact point installed on the wiper. They did make it good bit still cost me shipping one way.
    Hams as a whole are cheap, so this will be a huge blow to the hobby.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Well, Covid and the fact that the founder is 80 y.o.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Rumors are flying that there is a buyout going to happen, possibly by DXEngineering.

5. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

Didn't DXEngineering buy out/merge with another ham company a few years back?
    They are pretty much my go to anyways these days.

-JW

6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Talking today with another ham, I didn't read everything closely enough. They are shutting down "on site manufacturing". Guess they will still import and sell Chinesium stuff.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7