A handbook on short wave radio and LEO satellite communication for missions and aid agencies in developing countries. The book describes how to plan, select, install, operate and maintain a radio telephone network in these countries. It deals with the peculiar and special considerations necessary for reliable operations and will assist both technical and non-technical personnel.
Handbook Table of Contents:
Chapters: (Revised April 1997)
1. How Radio Waves Travel
3. Transceivers and Power Supplies
4. How to Plan your Radio Network
5. Costs and Choices
6. How to Install a Radio System
7. How to Operate a Radio Network
8. How to Maintain a Radio Network
9. Additional Facilities
10. Packet Radio
11. Disaster and Relief Communications
We've made all our Resources available to guests - would you consider a donation to support us?
Please don't hotlink directly to these files, share the url from this page's address bar.
Shortwave Radio Handbook - Where There Is No Telephone 2014-07-04