‘Mystery house’ in North Carolina contains useful secret

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

RALEIGH, N.C. — The building on Wade Avenue looks like a house at first glance, but it isn’t, not really.

Upon closer examination passersby may note there is no driveway or mailbox and no path to the front door, which cannot be opened. The key holes are blocked.

So what’s behind the doors of the “home” on this North Carolina Street?

ditch witch and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Really cool, I don't think I ever would have given that house a second thought. It does make one wonder what else is hidden that I just assume. I know that we have cell towers that look like fir trees. I can tell they aren't real cause I know what they are but this video makes me question what else I see that may not be as I think.

ghrit likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As soon as I saw this, I knew it was either a water or sewage pump station. Built and rehabbed several in an earlier life.

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

That...was pretty cool.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep, It is a Utility Station of some kind.... I have worked in such buildings, that were Fiber Repeater Stations....

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hidden in plain sight, We should take a lesson.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I can't believe you all knew what it was. I had no clue that house like this existed.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Moto, I believe I offered the reverse when hiding a BOL. (Make. Your Bug Out Location look like a utility building,;) )It's all about distractions, and mis-impressions.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I just had the "pleasure" of working at one of these the past two days. I've been playing electrician while I am awaiting the results of my application for clinical classes, and boy did I get a fun one this week. Yes, it looks like a little ranch house out in the sticks. If you look behind it, though, you notice a 30 foot deep square "swimming pool" of effluent.

I was tasked to replace the light fixtures in the basement, they were hanging on 10 foot pendants from the thirty foot ceiling. The structure appeared to be built in the 70's from the look of the electrical equipment. The structure is well built, the pit is reinforced concrete as is the ceiling. It really is hidden in plain sight.

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7