“Thought Crimes,” HR 1955 Passed With 404 Votes

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Nov 18, 2007.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007.

The U.S. House of Representatives recently passed HR 1955, titled theViolent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007. The full text is available at www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=110-1955. It was passed with 404 votes in favor. A close reading within an historical context – keeping especially in mind the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act of 2006 and Presidential Executive Orders, pursuant to which the government has engaged in massive surveillance of its own citizens, as well as detentions, extraordinary renditions, assassinations, and torture – leads me to the following conclusions: ·This is a “Thought Crime” bill of the type so often discussed in an Orwellian context.
    ·It specifically targets the civilian population of the United States.
    ·It defines “Violent Radicalization” as promoting any belief system that the government considers to be extremist.
    ·“Homegrown Terrorism” and “Violent Radicalization” are defined as thought crimes.
    ·Since the bill does not provide a specific definition of extremist belief system, it will be whatever the government at any given time deems it to be.

A few extracts of the Bill are presented below to show you its tone or “flavor.” “(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization’ means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system… to advance political, religious, or social change.”

SECTION 899B. FINDINGS.
    “(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.” [NSA backbone Smilie] “(6) The potential rise of self radicalized, unaffiliated terrorists domestically cannot be easily prevented through traditional Federal intelligence or law enforcement efforts, and requires the incorporation of State and local solutions.” Section 899D of the bill establishes a Center for the Study of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism in the United States. This will be an institution affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security. It will study and determine how to detain thought criminals. [WaterBoard Smilie]

Senate will pass, Bush will sign and we will all become criminals overnight.

.gov link is down. Story here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/knaebel/knaebel11.html

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

From that LewRockwell link

THIS LEGISLATION ENDS THE POSSIBILITY OF A CULTURE OF REASON.

It is an attempt at legislative lobotomy of conscience. It aims to eviscerate ethical sensibilities of an entire culture.

Having usurped the power of war and peace, life and death, the Corporatocracy now bludgeons even the thought of speaking for conscience. This is State murder of the mind.

It is just too awesomely obscene for words. It exceeds not only the scope of my vocabulary, but my imagination as well.

The minions and hired agents of politicians are free to murder, rape and pillage on government hire using our money, but to imagine alternatives to them and the degraded, psychopathic political "leaders" who design and perpetrate these atrocities is legislated as a thought crime!

This is the legislated, politically promulgated end of man as a thinking, self-directed being. Surely this must be the outer limit of "positive law," that is, statutory laws passed by "Lawmakers."

It further entrenches the Power Elite as separate from and above their "subjects." It clearly demonstrates the paranoid delusions of the Establishment, pursuant to which it legislates a massive defense mechanism to protect itself from the populace that it subjugates.

I use these terms deliberately, because the so-called freedom of the vote has turned out to be a big con game. It is only the "freedom" to choose one set of thieves over the other. The blue suits or the red suits… all of them manufactured suits of the corporations.

Following in the train of this legislation will doubtless be internal travel documents, neighborhood snoops and spies, rewards granted for turning in politically incorrect thought criminals, mass civilian detention centers – in short, the whole totalitarian control mechanism that we associate with the SS, KGB and other code words of criminal regimes. There will be "re-programming / rehabilitation" centers to correct errant free thinkers.

Take note that the Department of Homeland Security already has more than 750,000 persons on its watch list. For a glimpse of past as prologue, read Solzhenitsyn.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So now we have our own Ministry of Love. Not a big surprise, just remember 2+2=5.

4. monkeyman

So, since Ron Paul is for bringing about change, and he and his supporters have already been declaired terrorists by some of the talking heads wonder if that puts a bunch of us here on yet another list?

Hell at this point I figure if I aint on the all the lists then might as well get added and be done with it. Not up for kneeling to try to be under the radar and if the nation is a police state then staying out of their camps justmeans you lick their boots for the hand outs or are a slave to those who do, at least in their camps there will be no pretending.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Ok,...so....
    This passes,...amd you and I are "Enemies of The State"???
    Scares the beejezeers outta me!
    I suppose all these survival sites will be forbidden soon!
    Man what a day I've been having......
    Just keeps gettin' worse!
    Bill

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

This post gives me a sick feeling in my gut.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I Did more reading of more info on this matter,...
    As a "DIRECT RESULT", I closed an MSN group I had, with only 4 members, but, a LOT of info and photos from all of us there!
    Unfortunately, it is too true that once it goes on the internet there is NO way to remove it!
    Not that I'm PARANOID or anything......
    But, there's no since "rockin' the boat"!
    I've decided to keep all my photos: "out of sight, out of mind", henceforth!
    I'm "dumping" all the MSN groups I go to, primarily photography, and just sit back and wait from this point!
    I need a "tin foil hat",.... I know!
    "THEY" may be reading my thoughts, and BOY am I in TROUBLE!:shock:
    Bill

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

If theres going to be trouble then let it be in my time so that my daughter may grow up to be a free woman. [patr]

OGM

9. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

OGM, I agree 100% with you! [applaud][applaud]

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So when did the constitution die?I read this and my unbelieving mind shrieks "NO-NO-NO..."how could any "adult" in a suit and tie up on the hill go along with this stuff??? With all the lawyers and judges in this country?I expect discussion boards like this will fall away or the net will just be locked down under intense surveillance make a post; hear a knock on the front door...

Scary part; screaming "I'm a US citizen damnit (Iwant to speak to my embassy)!" while they stuff a rag between your teeth will not even slow em down anymore...

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Not forbidden, just PRIME BAIT(and evidence for the military tribunal) FOR THE "ANTI AMERICAN ACTIVITIES" LIST.[patr]this is getting surreal fast..foundmycopy of 1984yesterday good time for a re-read...

12. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Does this means that Phelps and his little group of self-created followers will finally be spanked like the terroristic bitches they are?

13. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

They may end up on the tier below the "monkey tier"so you can only call them names during "exercise period" in the yard...I don't think they deserve a place in america, but once they go everyone is at risk...(You know: First they camefor the radical evanglists and I didn't say any thing, then they came for the skin heads and I didn't say any thing, then they came for the transsexual prostitutes and I didn't say any thing, then they came for me and no one was left to hear my protest..).

14. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

May be Just gullible me; but I'm starting to fear waking up one clear day to find associating in groups of more than 2 will be deemed a "terrorist act "or "conspiracy in the making"...

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yeah, I deleted an email to one of my senators before sending, nothing radical, but it had my name, address, email and phone number attached.Of course thats what "they" would want, so I better grow a pair before I'm writing it on toilet paper and handing it through the bars it to some befuddled fema guard who never heard of the "constitution"...[coffee2]

16. Boromonkey

Boromonkey Concerned primate

Tango3, If I'm not mistaken, screaming "I'm a US citizen" is considered proof that you are an extremist Constitution quoter. During military domestic "exercises" they hire actors to scream that while they are being "detained for their own safety."

Just for the record.......I love the administration. The administration is good. Long live the administration. They are keeping us safe.

[flag]

17. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I read this "thing", re-read it at 3 am, and here I am back up at this hour, 9am, and had to re-read it a third time....
    I am beyond disbelief!
    I have a terrible feeling, a trepadation of that which is yet to come, or yet to be revealed.
    Will this INTENTIONALLY make each and every one of us GUILTY of some crime of free thought?
    I ponder this even now,....and I am shaken to the depths of my very soul!
    Is this INTENDED to TRAP free-thinkers, into being a bunch of "Dissidents" under the LAW?
    Will this signal the END of groups such as this, where "we were once able to communicate freely and openly without fear of retribution from some Political Group"?
    I fear this may be the "BEGINNING of the END".
    Bill

18. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I guess I look at it differently, I see it as a time for a new BEGINNING. It is time for Americans to take back their FREEDOM. This should have been done a 100 years ago. But now it is self evident that .gov has it's mind made up to make slaves out of all Americans. Are you going to bow in the presence??? While they walk by and throw you a few scrapes. Are you going to lick their boots when they get mud on them so that the beatings will stop??? If any ablebodied man says yes then the get what they deserve.

It is time to stand and be counted. If Ron Paul dosen't get elected then we need to restore the Repblic by any means nessasary.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Everybody is going to die at some time,you have to decide will you die free or will you die a slave trying to please your master?

The first book that my daughter was given when she was born was a copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. You can get it in a little pocket sized book from the Cato Institute.

OGM

19. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Went down town with this stuff fresh in my mind and walked into the local pawn shop to cruise the gun racks:And what to my wondering eyes did appear but a fluffy middle aged woman in sweatshirt and wind breaker poring through 5years of firearms transfer records.really poor coincidental timing (on the batf's part..).Just helping us out...it was time for the 5 year inspection, owner said a shop 30miles away lost their ffl selling stuff off the books to the milwaukee crowd (Who drive up and can't pass the background check.).[patr]

20. monkeyman

So when did the constitution die?

Its final dieing scream was not with the multitude of illegal gun controle laws or with political correctness or EVEN with the first Patriot act but at the moment tha Dubya wiped his ass on it as he quothed 'just a goddamned piece of paper' and the people of our nation and the rest of the government stood by and niether removed him from office, nor tried him for treason and lawfuly executed him. I would have to say that was the day the constitution died. It has been bellowing its screams, its death rattle echoing through out the land for many many years and I would say began it slow death around the beining of the last century when the government deemed that it was to dangerous for the citizens to have the same weapons as the military and the people sttod by and consented. From that time it has been fewer and fewer patriots loyal enouph to liberty to pay what ever the price might be to save the constitution and when the President of the US publicly statd that it was just a goddamned piece of paper it gasped its final breath and when none sttod up to come to its aid it died and now it is the slim dream of the people standing up and risking all to revive it from the grave.

As far as the sites like these... I dont believe for a minute that they will be forced to shut down. Much like the milita groups were not forcibly disbanded, they will not have to be. At large the people who read them will simply stop reading and participateing on heir own out of fear of their government and their government will foster this fear by monitoring the boards and persueing the occasional outspoken person. They may also persue the occasional owner for provideing the platform which will lead to many owners pulling the plug.

I for one choose not to stop. I realize this will have me on lists and may even result in being alled a crime by the regime for speaking opinions that dont flatter them and yet it is not a dificult choice. I will not bow to fear of MY government! They are MY servents, I am NOT theirs. That choice could cost all depending on how they try to enforce this bill and how many stand and order NO!!!, but to live as a slave to ones servents is not liveing at all and I will not voluntarily comply to do so. I sure there will be a FEW who will feel the same,though most will cower and wait to seif its safe to come back or simply be good little slaves and abandon speaking such ideas anywhere and most of the site will slink quietly into the darkness to silently die just as the constitution has.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7