1,200 infected with plague

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Yard Dart, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, if this post has done nothing else it has made us all more aware how fragile we are compared to mother nature's bugs. Kudos to @Yard Dart for the post. And, yes, I am going to look into this Colloidal Silver, Alkaloids, and even do more searching into Potassium Permanganate and other treatments for food poisoning which I think in a SHTF scenario will be as common as bad water because right now we have nothing to treat it here as far as I know but the wife, with her 3rd world skills, is much more adept at this type of stuff than me.

Seepalaces and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The best any of us can do is preventive medicine really! This is where we focus, it's pretty easy, and if you do come down with something, you have a better chance against it! There are a ton of "old school" treatments and such that are well proven, though not always accepted. Then there is the holistic approach, which is also well proven. I find a combination of all of these seem to work extremely well. Pick what you think you can do and learn as much as you can about it all. I find once we have a plan, we can then make preps for these things in supplies and equipment to give us a good base to work from.
    Another good thing to do is to get away from processed foods and gmo stuff, cut out the processed sugar and cut way back on salt and you can really improve your chances as well as your general health!

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oh, my NO!!! I refuse to cut back on bacon!!!

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Lol, yea, i refuse to give up bacon too! Just Ain't gonna happen, so I have to figure out how to compensate somehow! It's especially hard when you add mayo, lettus and tomatoes on fresh baked bread, or even worst, a plate of eggs and fried tatters!!! Let the world end, as long as my last meal includes lots of bacon, I'm good!

Motomom34, Seepalaces and ghrit like this.
  5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Sush yer mouth! Bacon is a health food. :cautious:

Also on the salt, you need salt. you actually probably need a lot more than you think.. What you DONT NEED Is that nasty ass white crap with all the essential minerals removed & crap added that you find in most grocery stores labeled "salt"

There are over 80 (known) minerals contained in Real salt (raw sea salt, Himalayan salt, etc) that are essential for your body to function properly. & stripping those out just gives you sodium chloride (plus synthetic iodine, fluoride, anti-caking food additives, and bleaching residues) and that can have negative effects on your body

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    arleigh, Motomom34, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

gentian violet maybe?... not sure id wanna drink the stuff but it probably would do the job....o_O

My DH has gotten food poisening a few times (turns out the shop up the road dosent store there milk/cream properly) .. Usally its mild case but we found dosing with Apple cider vinegar (diluted) and colostrum seem to sort it. Not sure about serious cases, Im sure they would help but I would add Colidal silver, olive leaf and oregano oil if the vinegar/colostrum dident clear it up quickly.

Also... avoid buying cream from the corner shop:cautious:

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Best salt is strait up old school boiled sea water, distilled for the water, filterd through charcoal, and collect the carn for your needs, thats that's the best for the body! Use this method to get your brine for meat cures and other preservative methods!

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

After you let the sand settle to the bottom of your collection container and decant the sea water off the top, then filter, then boil and distill. Well, that would be my approach. I believe the Lewis and Clark expedition did what you are suggesting when they were encamped at Fort Clatsop. The Salt Works - Lewis and Clark National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Correct! We did a Boy Scouts adventure just down the road from there and using the exact same equipment and technique we made our own salt! We also learned to make brine cures with the local edibles, and had a blast! Some place i have a bunch of photos from that trip I need to upload. One of my buddies dads did a really nice log book of that adventure with speciffic notes on every thing we learned with all the doo's and dont's and why! He was supposed to make copies for all of us but some how never did!

Motomom34, Dunerunner and Seepalaces like this.
  10. Bandit99

All, and especially, @Ura-Ki and @runswithdogs ,

I purchased a couple of bottles of colloidal silver off Amazon (2 ea. 4 oz., 30ppm) and intend to try it as soon as next bug hits us. We already had the flu this year but feel certain something will strike again. I am always having trouble with sinuses so might give it a try with that...damn nose is constantly plugged up. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to pass on your knowledge and experience.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I'm seeing lots of bottled waters and drink supliments with alcholides on the shelves. I'm trying to figure out what and how to do my own. I know there are fruits and some veggies that have high content, so trying to sort that out! I did manage to purchase colloidal silver bar and have set up an electrical emulsifier to break it down in distilled water, now I need to figure out how to get it to oxidise so I can put in in past form. Will share as I go, i know many will want to know what I find!

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

13. Bandit99

Such as 'ephedra and ephedrine'...yes, I am reading up on it. :)

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you suffer sinus issues , try a netty pot ,I hear they work wonders dealing with nasal issues . I'd use colloidal silver in that.
    By the way you can make your own Colloidal silver.

15. Bandit99

OH! Really? Please advise. I don't use a netty pot (but I have) as mine got left overseas but instead use a bottle which works okay but holds only ~1/2 liter (I like a full liter). So, what is the mix of CS that you use per liter or quart or pint, whatever? Are you even mixing it with water? Perhaps full strength would be better? I got the 30ppm stuff...Anyway, interested how you are doing it and what results you have seen...

@Ura-Ki and @runswithdogs just so you guys know I was listening...I just received it. Now, if it would just cure hangovers...

Col Silver.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Bandit99, try a table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a quart of distilled water, add in a 1/2 teaspoon of C.S. mix and use the netti pot warmed up as hot as you can take it. Can also try a 1/2 teaspoon of ecupliptus jelly with just distilled water and see how it goes!

No be all, end all for hangover cure, but flat room temp beer tends to help! Lol
    Seriously!

Motomom34 and Bandit99 like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. hot diggity
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary