1 to 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Jun 27, 2020.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I won't pigeonhole you if you don't pigeonhole me. And I won't pigeonhole myself with a number grade that really has to be inaccurate depending on the time of day and subject under discussion.

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I am also with Ganado. I don’t fit either side completely so I am in the middle. I am fiscally conservative and pro 2A but I am fine with gay marriage and abortions under certain situations (I wouldn’t personally get one). However, the democrats right now have gone full on communist and that is pushing me farther to the right out of fear of my civil liberties. Maybe that makes me a 6 on the scale?

Ganado, Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Problem with the left is they are making those dead center look like far right wing nut jobs.... because they are twice as far from center as the right is.

Ganado, Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

OMG YES!

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Take it a step farther go a little bit farther... and the moderate conservative. say a 7 is not a moderate anymore but a right wing radical under the new far left rules.

Ganado, Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and 3 others like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Well, I hate these things, silly poll's, where are you on this scale BS!!!
    I am anywhere from a 6 to a 10, depending on the subject and time of day.
    Give me a couple of beers and I may say anything, even a bit of ferocity in opinion if provoked.
    I have served this nation and poured my sweat and blood over much ground and continents.

I have pondered on "taking out" our weak governor, and county executive (he likes to party at local bars with his two deputies in tow, for security and transport).....
    I have also pondered on dropping pressure cooker bombs in the midst of Antifa..."for fun".
    I know I could pull these off.... but I am still young and dread more the possibility of getting caught and rotting in a cell, more than anything else. I have six grand-babies that are more important then taking out a lib loon..... for now.

I have a lot of patience with all folks.... my mantra to this day, not to steal the quote, but how I live:
    "Treat all by the content of their character, not their skin color or other beliefs".

I am part of an armed security team that protects our mid-sized church from any threat.
    I really hate teen night mid week, but I have done it for a long time.
    Only got threatened with violence once.... he was taken down by an associate pastor, to keep me out of the fight.
    I was the only armed person in about 300 teens, and he decided I was gonna be his focus....bad on his part. He planned to go and get his homies to come back and take me out... that tickles your adrenaline a bit... but he chickened out I guess.

My life day to day, is far removed from the drama of the intercity politics, but I have to go there often for work.
    I carry everyday, my head is on a swivel, and I love my fellow brothers.... but I will protect my flock/friends and family.

I sit here on my acreage relaxed and enjoying the evening.... my AR in nearby if things change suddenly, but the breeze is cool and nice, so I may just have some ice cream and enjoy the evening.....sitting at an 8 right now. ;)

7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Light-hearted was the theme. Just a time killer.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Yard Dart

You asked a question... did you not like my answer ... LOL

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

All answers are good. It was just a reminder. The reason I started it was just curiosity. I annoy my buddies all the time by saying “rate it from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest.” Lol. :D

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Yard Dart

When my buddies ask a silly question.... I like to make them regret it... LOL.

Gator 45/70, Alf60 and Meat like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

A 9 or 10 is good to have around when you’re in the hospital. They know how to pray. Unless they put you there. Oops. :D

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Only put two guys in the KronkHouse, but that was in my college years... They both lived...

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Meat like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Now that’s 10 years in the slammer. Each!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Naw, It was a couple of Football Players, trying to intimidate the Newbies, during the first week of the Fall Semester, and didn’t realize they were messing with the Campus Karate Instructor... Self Defense... The Campus Cops fished them out of a Dumpster, behind the Admin Bldg... I self-reported to the Chief 10 minutes after the fact, who was a good friend.. He fixed it with the Sheriff, and DA... The Dean of Students and I never did get along to well... and they were his Thugs... They Thought my hair was to long... Live and learn...

15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^Haha. Good one. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

3 on some things, 10 on others.
    I'm a classical liberal per Wikipedia definition, which amounts to a Libertarian.
    I'm a minimum government, maximum freedom, but don't be an @$$hole philosophy kind of guy.
    I'm OK with gay marriage, since I don't believe Government has any place in marriage. That's between you, your partner, and your maker. Me and my opinions mean less than zero.
    As soon as I'm perfect I will be qualified to judge others. Until then I will be content to strive for my own improvement.
    I believe in God having had religious experiences, but do not fully believe in any church or any religion.
    I believe that evil exists as an entity and deceives Man to forward it's agenda.
    I've met Evil and ultimately Evil is easy to manage, but only through your personal connection to God. Without that you are defenseless in the face of Evil.
    The Founders of the US got it right on the first take. Our unalienable rights are granted by our Creator, regardless of who or what you think that is, and are not conferred by the whim of other Men.
    Where I am in life is due to my own decisions, good and bad. Period. I accept this and do not blame others for my own bad decisions.
    I am not jealous of those who have more than I do. That is a waste of time, and if I feel I need more then I can always do something about it.
    I don't need or want Government to improve my life. I want them to do their jobs (see US and State Constitutions) and to otherwise keep me the eff alone and stop spending my money on things outside that charter.

Note: When I say Men and Man in this context I am referring to humanity and not a sexual distinction.

17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Mine is the last digit of Pi.

Gator 45/70, Alf60, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  18. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

The problem with 4's and 5's is they support 2's and 3's. Middle of the road is for dead things.

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and Meat like this.
  19. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I wonder how many of those snuck across the line and voted Donald in 2016, without ever admitting it of course. The numbers would indicate many. It must have been her screeching voice. Lol. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

8-10, depending.

Yard Dart, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7