10 Items to Survive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Sounds like your starting a business when you get lost.

Zimmy, Witch Doctor 01 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are very correct. The boys went camping last weekend. They went with their friends and it was interesting to hear them talk. My youngest said of his two friends, he was the best prepared. He had his rocket stove, lantern, portable power bank and a bivy, plus a few other things. The other kids had been camping but one always goes "camping" in a fifth-wheel and the other kid was more of a suburban camper.

My older son said the couple that he went camping with were, "Costco campers". They had the best of the best. A two-burner stove, cooler full of steaks and top-of-the-line tent, chairs, sleeping pad etc... . My son had his barocook unit ( Gear Review - Flameless Cooking Systems ), a can of chili, a tent and sleeping bag.

I think I have raised my kids to think of necessities not luxuries. The phrase: what if you have to walk home.... has been said hundreds of times. They know pack what you need and learn to improvise or do without.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehe....... Be fun to see that one try to hike back with that cooler of steaks! :D

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Why carry it? Eat the steaks first!!

Alf60, Homer Simpson and sec_monkey like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. UncleMorgan
  3. Thunder5Ranch
  4. AxesAreBetter
  5. H.I.S Survival
  6. AxesAreBetter
  7. lonewolf89
  8. Brokor
  9. Yard Dart
  10. signalsurvival
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7