10 Winter Fitness Training Tips

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Yard Dart, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

sec_monkey, stg58, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

When i ride (mt bike) in the winter if i am not cold the first five minutes into the ride then i am dressed too warm. I also find when i train in the winter i handle the cold better.

sec_monkey and munchy like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Working outdoors, as I do year round, I'm often in short sleeves and a thermal top in a snowstorm. I generate a lot of heat while working.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Winters are so bitterly cold down here in South Alabama, that I often have to wear shoes and socks and occasionally, even long pants and a shirt. Swimming is definitely only for the stout of heart, at least for most of late December thru January unless you wear a wetsuit.

KAS, Sapper John, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Gotta wonder how these people do it, Winter swimming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Winter, especially in areas where heavy snow falls and day time temps never get above freezing; is to be respected. Hypothermia is no joke and wet and cold is no fun either.

stg58, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  7. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

Adding hot water to your camelback helps keep you warm in the begining of your outing, before you start generating heat of your own. Your body also ansorbs water better when its close to body temerature.

vonslob likes this.
  8. jlutzcurtis

jlutzcurtis Monkey

Thanks for the witner fitness training tips. These 10 tips will be helpful for me, since it's winter season here and I'm exercising hard to keep my fitness shape perfect.

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. weaselhawk

weaselhawk Guest

winter tip when you live without heat or power and winter starts it will be summer before you do laundry again. so in prepping you dont need a set of warm clothing cause if you try to wear that all winter in about 7 weeks it will be to dritry to keep you warm you are going to need 6 months of everything that is 12 winter coats and so on i have about 30 winter coats 180 200 pairs of socks

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sounds like someone needs to learn how to build a fire, melt ice, and do laundry in the Deep Winter Months.. It isn't all that hard to learn, and one day a month should be sufficient for a single person..

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
  11. OlDiceGames
  12. Coyote Ridge
  13. Dunerunner
  14. Coyote Ridge
  15. Prepsteader13
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Dunerunner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7