10 x 24 Foot Off Grid Cabin

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by thewildyam, Nov 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. winston

winston Monkey

Very nice. Do you have a water collection system hooked up yet?

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

That is really nice, @thewildyam. In my eye, a furo, Japanese bath, would not seem out of place. I can imagine soaking (after a thorough scrub, of course) in super hot, wood heated water and enjoying your view. Would be spectacular if there was snow all around too. Yin & yang. Hot & cold. Way cool. Did that out in the desert at The Buttes resort many years ago. Not a furo, but an outdoor hot tub up on a terrace on the side of a hill. Freezing cold night. Hot hot tub. Open desert all around. Clear sky. And city lights, Phoenix if I recall, off in the distance. Had some of the best steak there too.

thewildyam and kellory like this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Nice work and looks well thought out--thanks for sharing

4. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

Hi guys, Sorry, the forum wasn't sending me updated notifications on this thread, I have to readjust the settings I guess. I've also been very busy. I like the idea about the furo. We have been thinking about that. We have a water collection system hooked up not for drinking yet but for water for work around the camp. I made a more detailed video about the camp here to answer some more questions. I use 2 x 40 W coleman folding solar panels. Here is the link to the camp tour: Camp Tour
    Take care, ~thewildyam

5. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

Very neat! You are giving me some ideas for my garden next year. I will be doing something different than in the past. I will continue to do more research on here about solar set ups before I go and spend a ton of cash on the wrong stuff.

6. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

Too bad about the chestnuts. They are really good when they are fresh.

7. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.

8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Sloth, that stuff fries my brain. If there's no on/off switch or volume control, I'm out of the picture.

9. alwayscarry

alwayscarry Monkey

really nice job

10. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Nice and welcome.

11. Missvee

Missvee Monkey

Very nice!

12. hitchcock4

hitchcock4 Monkey++

@thewildyam , do you have any updates on your tiny house since November? Any more videos that you want to tell us about?
    The house and land look great.

1. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. martha_mill
  4. DKR
  5. SurvivalJester
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid