10th Amendment

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by ghrit, Jan 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The tenth amendment says
    "----the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Arizona (at least) has taken steps toward exercising its rights under that amendment by introducing legislation to allow for in state firearms manufacture that won't cross state lines and thus be subject to federal control. Where else has that approach been tried or succeeded?

[winkthumb]

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I would be surprised (and elated) if that occurs. Arizona needs all the help it can get right about now (without helping illegals also).

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

TN has passed something like that and the ATF said "uh uh, no way no how, still under our control!"

I think Montana did the same.

4. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It is still in the works for Montana as the SCOTUS has decided to take the case even though the FEDS tried to have it dismissed already.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Yeah I remember that where the Feds refused to GIVE UP their KONTROLS!
    Personally, I'd become a manufacturer IF I had a chance....
    ( wannna know what I'd make?)
    Hint: Stevens, 24 series...
    Survival rifle/shotgun combo's!
    .22LR-.410 gauge, .22mag-20 gauge, and .30-30-12 gauge models.
    Bet they'd sell better than anything else right now!

6. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

really? has SCOTUS set a date yet to start hearing on the Made In Montana Law?

I must admit that I am really not sure I want to hear the verdict that they hand down...I just hope it gets ruled on before obama puts sunstein in there...prolly wont make any differrence, but it'll make it a tad more likely at least...

I was thinking about this earlier today....I assumed that they Made In laws would be challanged by the feds on the far reaching basis of having an EFFECT on Interstate Commerce.....but do y'all think about the Supremacy Clause being used by the feds? any good defense that would pass in todays political clime?

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Right now, the Prez is trying to hold his own, having virtually "lost" ground on the KSM trial in N.Y., it may not work to his advantage right now...perhaps a lengthy delay would be more appropriate in his mind...?
    There's an awful lot suddenly on the potus' plate and he's losing ground faster than a polar bear in arizona!
    "IF" the interested "states" would just collaborate, on one swift "kick" to this thing, I'm sure that the feds would have to let it be.....
    Remember this?: "It's hard to remember that the objective was to drain the swamp, when your up to your aha's in alligator's!
    All it takes is more than one, and all at the same time, to deliver a one-two punch on the deal!
    mho

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Ganado
  3. Dont
  4. Motomom34
  5. DarkLight
  6. GhostX
  7. Salted Weapon
  8. duane
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. 10brokenpromises