17 year old boy tazered 12 times by cops

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by MbRodge, May 23, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Funny they sell them here still today.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Or the problem could be he was never taught restraint by his parents in the first place.

3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

I disagree with calling him a child. Again, I was in the Army at 17 and armed by the government. You would be surprised at the size of some 17 year olds; and if you think this one could not possibly be a threat because of his age, think again.

Maybe the Culumbine shooters ought to be considered children who could have been restrained?

4. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

The Columbine students were armed and intent on murder, this kid was suffering a seizure and dissorientation. It is rediculous to try to draw a parallel. If this kid had simply been left alone and given a minute to recover the entire thing could have been avoided. If a drowning man struggles against his rescuer would you taze him too? Or would you back away and attempt to calm him down?

5. Quigley_Sharps

Id taze him and go home and have a beer,

6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Agreed. Some of the guys that hang out with the eldest are too large (physically) to call a child (thought you could challenge the definition based on mentality).

To clarify (my view on this article); I don't believe in excessive force and do think that tazers are over-utilized. They have their place, but I think their misuse is too common.

7. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Lol I still think all tazers should be taken away from the police. Its just another thing for them to screw up. Maybe if they take some course on how to properly administer the juice could they use it again.

Its like having 3 safeties on a gun, They help when you dont really need them, but when you dont want them they screw you over BAAADDD

8. Tackleberry

Intent has nothing to do with it. We are discussing age, and there IS a parallel. How you ask? A teenager can kill and the officer on the scene may not know his intent. With the information given, it would seem the officers did not know he was having a seizure.

If I had a motorist driving down the interstate having a seizure, would you not want me to use my car to physically remove him? Just being the devils advocate here....

I don't like the overuse of tasers either. Believe it or not, there are a lot of cops I don't care much for dispite my being one. You need not lump all of us into the same lot, please.

9. Tackleberry

Officers carrying a taser must attend a course on its use as well as get tased themselves. I think there are some idiots wearing a badge, but I would not agree on painting all of us with the same brush.

I agree about pistol safeties...I don't like them either.

10. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

What is this garbage about a bicycle light law. Damn man nothing is off limits these days. Next well all be required to put warning lights on our head and a back up siren and maybe even government approved body pads just to walk on a public street. Who has all this freakin time on their hands to think up these stupid laws. John Adams just rolled over and sh!t in his grave after this. "land of the free" my arse. What are they Gonna start issuing a government mandated bicycle license and test similar to a driving test now? Little billy don't forget your bicycle light and your license. What if it's for car safety what's wrong with the factory reflectors that come on the damn bike! Uggggg

:mad:
    I liked it better when the government wasn't in the safety business and left it up to the individual to be responsible for their own well being. Damn were not even free to get hurt or die in an accident or from doing some stupid crap anymore!

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Frankly (and completely [OT]), it would be nice if the bicycling commuters had to pay a license fee like drivers do. Living in one of the most bicycle-friendly areas, I'm quite tired of paying for all of the bike lanes and losing property, driving and parking space. In the city, proper, they frequently don't use their designated lanes anyway; they weave in and out of traffic and don't heed the signals and signs like motor vehicles are required to do.

I don't like all of the extra laws, either, but if I can get a ticket for faulty equipment for having no headlight, then other on-road vehicles should suffer the same consequence.

12. Tackleberry

Patriot- I agree the government should not protect people from themselves; such as the seatbelt law. I do believe the LOCAL government has the charge to protect the public from each other; an example would be not allowing a drivers license to someone with a history of reckless driving, or yanking a drunk driver off of the roadway.

What you ought to do is think of it like this: Is what this person doing on this public road putting me in danger? If yes, then he needs to controlled by the government. If not, then the government needs to butt out.

We have only one side of this incident concerning the bicyclist without the light. We do not know the whole story, and as such, we should not pass judgment. Let me relate this idea to you in this way. If you shot a burgular in your home four times and killed him, then your local anti-gun media got the story and made the healines read, 'BILLY-BOB MURDERS MAN WITH HANDGUN SHOOTING HIM 4 TIMES!!'......would you not want your side told as well?

Or in another situation: Say a trooper is pulling over all of the junk-salvaged-uninsured-untagged cars driven mostly by Mexicans. Then
    Laraza finds out about it and accuses the Trooper of 'RACIAL PROFILING', despite the misdemeanors and infractions being comitted....then Laraza contacts the Media and claims this Trooper is pulling Mexican motorists over just because of their skin color. Would you not want the Trooper's side of the story given?

Just saying a person should look into anything from the media with suspicion and should find other sources on the report.

13. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

[lolol][lolol][lolol]:lol::lol:

If you monkeys only knew the inside joke to that statement but unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss it! Good one Tack!

Well after a long passionate debate to the bike issue on the telephone you'll be glad to know Tack and I found some common ground on the issue although their were still some points that we just had to agree to disagree!

But that is what makes Tack such a good friend, we can disagree and not end up with hard feelings or killing each other!
    Cheer's Bro![beer]

Have another one for the road[beer]
    (oops or maybe not)taser1[siren]

I repeat do not drink and drive,

Disclaimer:
    This has been a public service announcement from the American council of safety. We are in no way related to the U.S. council of safety or those other a-holes at the United North American Union of public Safety and Security. We are not associated with any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. The American council of safety has no affiliation of official form with any government agency on any level and is not responsible for any thing or anyone so go fly a kite.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7