17th--outdoor class

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by -06, Aug 11, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Can not go to this class so passing along info--hope some can make it.

There are several spaces available for next Saturday’s (August 17) class , A Walk in the Woods. It runs from 9:30 a.m. till 3:30 p.m. and covers a wide range of topics relating to the forest and field, including: insects, mammals, tree identification, birds and their calls and songs, wild edibles, plant medicines, craft materials of the Cherokee, animal tracks, aquatic life, spiders, snakes, wildflowers …
    In a nut shell, there will be lessons on practically everything we see as we mosey through the woods. This is an apt opportunity for the elderly, since it will be an easy, unhurried walk to investigate nature.
    You’d bring a sack lunch and a notebook. The cost is $65.

If you’d like to join in, let me know, and I’ll send directions and information.

~ Mark

Mark Warren
    Medicine Bow Wilderness School
    104 Medicine Bow
    Dahlonega, GA 30533
    706-864-5928
    www.medicinebow.net
    medbow@windstream.net

Bear and kellory like this.
  2. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

i grew up in a time of dirt roads,wood stoves and out houses i can survive if everything collapses. being old helps when you remember it was a good time to be to learn the basics of life and survival you never wasted a thing and made do with little or nothing-still do--I still have a old wood cook stove and can a lot

Tracy likes this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Likewise Marlas, we grew, preserved, and bartered for most that we needed. When we sold our grains we had enough ground for our year's supply. Being the oldest made it my duty for years to keep the wood box filled with proper sized dry wood for the stove. Sure was nice when we got a kerosene heater, refrigerator, Electric stove, and running water. Times have made up get "fat" but I remember the older ways. IMO, we may need to rekindle many of them.

Tracy and marlas1too like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7