2 New Firearms

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kckndrgn, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I picked up 2 "new" firearms last week. One was a "commemorative" Win 94 in .44-40. The stock is cracked and there is no box, so, to me, there is no "collector" value it it', I'll be shootin' it soon.

The other is a Win '06 .22 s,l,& lr pump action. both of these guns were on consignment at the range where I work part time, they have been there since '04 so I made a low ball offer and it was accepted. (Also included with these rifles were 5 black powder/replica pistols).

Anyhow, I cleaned up the '06. The action was real sticky after having sat for 6 years. Now it's nice & smooth. And man, is this little rifle accurate!! At 15 yards I'm holding a < 1" group from a standing position.

I'm lovin' it!!

Pics will be done soon (gotta do them for insurance anyway).

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is sweet. I need to get my Winchesters out and give them some attention.

3. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

They both sound like nice guns to have and forget that o collector value as far as I am concerned the true value of a gun is in the fun it brings you shooting it and perhaps customizing it to your likes .

I don't think I could ever be so wealthy that I could resist the urge to shoot a weapon in my possion it would be like having a lovely lady in your Bed and not being allowed to make love to her , just aint right !!

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I could not of said it better!

5. Catdaddy

Catdaddy Monkey+

I'm feeling a little down for that reason right now- Not only have I been unable to bring myself to shoot my 303, my 35 Rem, or my 444 due to limited ammo stashes, BUT!

I also have a new 40 cal and a new (purchased used) 45 that I haven't shot- and there's so much snow here I don't believe my 2WD pickup should be trying to get up the hill leaving the range...

I have more than a thousand rounds of primed pistol ammo- no bullets to load 'em...

So I just sit here and watch the new puppies eat.

HEY! What kinda BP pistols did ya (the OP) get??

HMMMMM????

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Both BP pistols are "cheap" italian replicas.

One is made by "A.S.M." in Italy. About a 10" barrel and brass frame, in 44 cal
    The other is made by "f llipietta". It has about a 6" barrel and is also 44 cal. It has a brass frame with the barrel and cylinder having some engraving on it. I got this one apart, but for the life of me I cannot get the insert that you take out to separate the barrel from the frame back in. Oh well.

I'll take some pics when I get my camera back from my MIL.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7