20 Things You Will Need WHEN not IF the SHTF

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Watchman220, May 12, 2010.

1. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Hmmm, I missed the 2010 date. I'd say those 20 were a start. Water is a must have, the rest seemed to be a bit skimpy. You'll need shelter, well duh, but where? There was no mention of things going totally south in a societal collapse, nothing about knowledge on how to grow your own food, protect you and yours, survive in a primitive situation. Ah well, it was a start 7 years ago.

2. john316

john316 Monkey+++

apache235, it still is just a START, and you may add to it if you wish to eat for a longer time........but if you have not started...........................now may be a good time to start!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Great Article, every time I read it...

Water will be an issue. Here, we have had the wettest winter I can remember and are looking at a week or more of sunshine. My thoughts are that 1,000 gallons of storage would not be too conservative.

Food will be gone within two days here with all store being looted and emptied. If you have none stored up, you are done. I have a plan for at least 6 to 10 months.

Shelter - Your home may become uninhabitable. If not, it will get really cold when the power fails. And, living in the wild isn't like camping on summer vacation.

Defense - I feel the author treads very lightly here. There will be roving bands of looters and opportunists. You can either surrender what you have and be killed, or defend your stock, shelter, life and the lives of your family. That isn't going to happen if all you have is a can of bear spray.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    john316 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7