2007 constitution restoration act!!!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps...ro_restoring_consitution_act_bans_torture.htm

Senator Dodd to introduce 'Restoring the Constitution Act of 2007'; Bans torture, restores habeas corpus

| February 13, 2007 Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) will introduce a bill called the "Restoring the Constitution Act of 2007" tomorrow, according to a website his presidential campaign put up today.
    The bill will overturn parts of the "Military Commissions Act," signed into law last October, which suspends habeas corpus for "alien enemy combatants."
    "I want to see us get back as a nation that supports the rule of law," said Dodd in an Internet video introducing the legislation. "That was our tradition, by and large, over the last fifty years ... and we've watched this administration retreat from those standards, and as a result I think the world is a more dangerous place today because we're unwilling to stand up for the rule of law."
    According to the blog Blue Jersey, New Jersey Democratic senator Robert Menendez, who voted for the Military Commissions Act, will co-sponsor the bill.
    A video of Dodd talking about the bill is below. The name of the bill has apparently changed since the video was created.
    <object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAYXGyUGVFg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"> </object> ​
    <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#000000">
    <table bgcolor="#ff0000" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>
    The Internet leader in activist media - Prison Planet.tv . Thousands of special reports, videos, MP3's, interviews, conferences, speeches, events, documentary films, books and more - all for just 15 cents a day! Click here to subscribe! ​
    </td></tr></tbody></table>​
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Can you say duh-huh. If that's too hard, just try duh. Dodd wants to return to the rule of law of our constitution time or 50 years ago, he needs to make up his mind, because he doesn't know what he's asking for. 200 years ago, an "enemy combatant" without a uniform was shot as a spy. WWII, and even 50 years ago, we were still executing spies, can you say Rosenbergs?

On second thought, he's on to something here, we just execute all of them, we don't have the PR nightmare that the prisons have become.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Interesting take, can'tsee that happening without trials.. rosenbergs were tried...Now they aren'tried, just held (to some thats ok)....If we get back to real honest to god constitutioinal law I won'tever run afoul of the criminal system( its my life choices, nots some bored bureaucrat with agun,desk, badge and a pension..)

4. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

When I read the title of the bill, I was absolutely sure that by "restore" they mean "incinerate". I really hope that this bill repeals the parts of th Mil. Commissions act that grant war crimes immunity to the Bush admin.

Someone pinch me. Is it time to be an American again?

[​IMG]

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Great (strangely satisfying) picture...perhaps the bad dream is over, until "they "(whoever they may be) attack a major city or two or three?..

6. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Restore the Constitution ? ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........what a fricking joke.

They would have to do away with about 1/2 the federal government since that much is not authorized in the Constitution.

Total political bullshit.

7. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I'd welcome any step in the right direction Andy.... but ya, I'm pretty pessimistic about the possibilities.

The first step would be Andrew's pic up there. It would make me feel a little better anyway.

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I thought we should have that pic on the thread again. If we really restored the constitution about 90% of .gov would have to go. So I just don't see it happening but we can hope. [flag]

9. 155gunner

155gunner Monkey+++ Founding Member

If Dodd and Menendez are such great supporters of the Constitution and wish to restore it then how do they would explain their anti-2nd Amendment votes in the Senate. The GOA has given Dodd an F and Menendez an F-.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7