2011 Garden - lost most of my plants

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by kckndrgn, Apr 6, 2011.

1. justthinking

justthinking Monkey+

Motion activated lights do a good job especially if you can move them around from time to time so the animals don't get use to them. Seen a way cool one in a livestock catalog not to long back that was used to keep coyotes away from new babies it cost a lot however.

2. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I make my soil out of Equal amounts of peat moss, natural compost, and vermiculite or perlite.
    Then I thrown in some manure and let season and ripen, keeping it stirred.

3. iboya

iboya Monkey+

...that hurts, saw a raccoon ripping the shingles off my neighbors roof one year, we spent an hour trying to get him off...he left eventually

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Figured i should update this. I've recovered most of the lost plants, and i had about 6 "volunteer" tomato plants pop up.

Still have a couple of bare spots in the garden. I'm trying to figure out what to plant for some fall harvesting, any suggestions?

I did have an "unknown" plant I got from work. One of the product managers was testing something we are going to start selling (a Tower Garden), and after his test was going to throw the plants away. STUPID!! Well i got some herbs and a "mystery" plant. This plant was eaten back to the stem when I lost most of the garden. It survived and is now nice bushy Habanero plant and has several peppers on it :) Good thing I like spicey foods[reddevil]

Green beans are coming in good. First "small" harvest of a hand full of beans was quickly consumed by the kids, they ate them raw, fresh from the garden, best way to have them in my opinion.
    Garden.JPG PepperPlant.JPG

Tracy likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    Media

Garden

My herb garden loves the rain.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
    Somewhere... can you see it?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 24, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
    Media

Blue_skies

And sunshine
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 20, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
    Blossom
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Oct 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
    Tropical flowers
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Oct 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7