2012 Survival Monkey Fatty Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

1-2 lbs a week is a perfect goal for longterm happiness. I don't think about the weight, I think about the fact that I can reach my goal of 45-60 minutes on a stair master without huffing to death.

We went on a hike in December with a family of long legged people. My family has been blessed with my short legs. The combination of having a 40 lb kid in a backpack and hiking up hill made me barely capable of speaking on the way up. This was my point where I said, "time to get the heart in shape". By focusing on the exercise versus the weight, I know that my overall health will increase and weight loss will be slow and steady.

The side effect is I have not felt like having beer lately. In fact, it has been 10 days since I had a beer. I just have more energy now and look at every beer as the ticket to making me not want to exercise. Keep on keeping on.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  2. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Middle of January I was at 242... Today, 224.. Getting there... I had an annual physical on Monday.. The Doc asked what the heck I had been doing.. My Cholesterol is way down from a year ago, blood pressure is way down from a year ago..

The first 15 lbs was easy.. Seem to be stuck there, but I'm sticking to it and hope it starts to drop off again...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7