2020 flu shot

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by oil pan 4, Aug 24, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm getting mine this year.
    2 reasons. I had to get the flu shot every year from 2002 to 2016. Out of the 18 or so flu shots I got every single one made me sick.
    Why 18 in 14 years, h1n1 was it's own shot then the others were "bad batches" so we got another one.
    The nazle mist didn't make me as sick as the shot.
    Wha, that sounds like a stupid right?
    But wait there's more.
    I won't tell anyone I got a flu shot so when it makes me sick I'll get sent home for up to 2 weeks with pay. Boo hoo.
    Also it will hopefully keep me from getting the flu and going to the china virus filled hospital. That's bad because flu and china virus together at the same time was a major cause of deaths the first go around and it will surely be back this fall. That's why china virus deaths for the number of people infected dropped way down over the summer.
    So we shall soon see if "they really got better at treating it" and that's why the deaths to infection rate is so much lower.
    For most people china virus by its self ain't shit. Mix china virus with some flu and it's going to suck I don't care how healthy you think you are. The only people that tough all died a long time ago.
    Once you're hospitalized and if the hospitals are filling up they need you to die so they can open up that bed, get mo money and so the political flunkies can exploit your death to nullify the rights of those who havent.
    Oh and worst off all you will be voting straight ticket democrat until you are 130, in a swing state.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Been getting the "old-fart' version for the last few years.

Get the pneumonia vax/booster every five.

DW works in a public school, the world's largest petri dish of communicable diseases. So, yeah, no brainier. Tho I do wait for the vax to be out on the market for a while to see if any 'bad batches' have shown up.

sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Ditto but never sick with the flu since I started taking the shots.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I’m not that tough, but I am that stubborn.

Seriously, I find I do much better with letting my body build its own immunity. The only time I had influenza was after a three-year stint of getting inoculations. Never before, never afterward. Perhaps if an effective vaccine was produced...but chances of that are slim.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  5. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Got mine (flu shot). I'm 61. So according to "them" I'm in the "high risk" group (if they knew how I have lived my life they'd realize that I was always in one kind of "high risk" group or another. LOL). Never got sick from one. But everybody's different. Sorry...every BODY is different. I think you have to listen to it and consider your past ailments.

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I had flu twice living on the east coast before I joined the circus and had to get a flu shot every year. It sucked I was sick for 4 or 5 days.
    The only time out of all those years I might have had the flu when I had to get the flu shot was some time around 2010 the flu shot just missed the target that year.

Yeah the bad batch years it was like get the flu shot, be sick for 2 or 3 days, 2 weeks later oh no that flu shot was no good, come back in November and get another one. Fffffff!

If I didn't have such an energy zapping, snotty, body ache reaction to it I would probably get it every year too.
    But getting the flu shot castrates the china virus.
    If you're over 66 and you get china virus and flu or chifu, better have your will filed and beneficiaries named on all your accounts.

SB21 likes this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've had 1 flu shot in my life. I started getting sick the night I got the shot. Said I'd never get another one. I "might" rethink it since you've explained it like this.

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

People still get the flu shot?

Mountainman likes this.
  9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Get 'em every year. Never got sick from a flu shot, just a sore arm sometimes where they injected the stuff.
    Last year I got a pneumonia vaccine, first of a two shot series given a year apart. Just got the second one about a month ago and will probably get a flu shot again this year. Halloween is my reminder. I turn 67 in December.

So far no flu of the Woo-Han or other variety. But I'm not in all that bad of shape either, at least from looking round at some others my age. I've had high blood pressure since I was 25 which is an early - on motivator to take a little better care of one's body, especially in the diet and weight department.

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Never had or took the flu shot, I prefer to keep my genetic make-up pure with whiskey and beer and coffee in the morning....

11. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Never had a flu shot. Never had the flu that I know of and I am 74.

enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

never have got a flu shot >>> definitely not getting one that is formulated from WHO intel ...

the experts are already warning about mixing a regular flu vaccine and any new Covid vaccine they develop >>> whether I get a Covid prevention shot will depend on the feed-back from the first volunteers - I'm not a critical case from Covid exposure - so I'll take my chances ....

enloopious, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh another reason to get the flu shot.
    Sorry, I can't get the extremely experimental china virus shot, I had a flu shot. Too bad. So sad.

I have serious doubts that china virus alone has killed more than a few young healthy people. I would bet that almost all the "china virus deaths" that happened in the 50 and younger healthy age group was china virus and flu, or chifu.

If you are worried the flu shot gives you the flu, boohoo. If it does you will have the flu and no china virus.

If someone has chifu and sneezes on you, you get chifu too. If you already had the flu shot, then you should just have china virus by its self.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

It just means you're flu shot didn't work for you.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The flu shot isn't doing to do squat against the china virus.
    But it should prevent you from getting the chifu round house kick combo to the back of the head.

16. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7