.22 LR sale coming up

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DarkLight, Nov 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Bass. Had a window open to Bass Pro Shoppe since six this morning trying to log me in every 30 seconds; guess I am not the only one trying to buy some.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Yup... Still the page you get when selecting this item!!

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

On BPS home page it says the 22lr ammo is sold out.

4. kckndrgn

Funny, I got in w/o issue just before my post earlier. Even had a co-worker get on to BPS site and get a bucket of ammo. The only time I got this message was when I tried to link directly to the item page.

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

SOLD OUT

6. Seacowboys

Bass Pro Shoppe sold out about an hour ago

7. kckndrgn

As of 8:35am today, Cabellas has stock of 22lr
    Remington® .22 LR Rimfire Ammunition : Cabela's

Edit: found out a co-worker ordered this earlier in the week and got an email from Cabela's that the item was back ordered and would ship when available.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Subsidizes for .22s? Never heard that one. Why would they do it? Who is doing it? The reason .22s are cheap (although the actual manufacture of the case, bullet and assembly is not all that easy) is because they make billions of them every year. You have a couple lines that produce nothing but .22s all day, every day and don't have to worry about stopping the line to tool up for an once a year run of 22 Savage Hi-Power or whatever. Are the "real" prices going up? Sure. Your money is worth less (called inflation) and if you look at the prices of metals (brass, lead, etc) they are all over the place, but normally go up as well, especially in the long run. Will we ever see pre-panic (let's be honest here and call it pre-Obummer prices) again? Doubtful. Not because they figure they will make millions screwing .22 buyers over, but because the money is worth less as more of it is printed (the US already owes more money than there is right now in the world. If the US took every penny from every person in the world, it STILL could not pay off the debt the demonrats have spent so far. And Obummer is spending like a drunken...er...ah...sailor) and as more money chases fewer products, the prices go up. Nothing else is at the "good old days" prices, why should .22s be different?

9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Maybe true Sir, But I have problem buying a few bricks 2000 rounds for an evening of shooting with the kids & Grandpaws (as I am) spending time with the kids, dads , wifes , for an evening of learning / respecting / & fun for ALL . Our Gun club membership is wasted . NRA won't be supported anymore , another waste. Dumb em young .

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I picked up 400 rounds today at $5.47 a hundred. I grabbed 5 boxes and called it good... though he said I could buy all he had if I wanted it... I am a frequent visitor so maybe he was trying to give me a break... but I don't want to be that guy. Anyways, he had about 20 boxes left.... now I wish I had just swooped them up.... jeeesh.

11. Cruisin Sloth

My math says 5 times 100/box = 500 rounds .
    Thats shy of having 4 rifles , a bunch of kids , 3 elders (im one who reloads , fixes, etc) and two other 60+ gents who make sure the dads are backed up. We want all to have fun at a no pressure outing . Ear / eye protection plus , Manners & english . 500 might be 1/2 hour / hr . Id rather have lots so they can scope , range , shoot & play at hitting balloons to spray bombs @ long distance (Fun times ) . Even Moms get into this play . One mom once brought a exploding green blob of jello , no one hit it ;) .. A great evening with kid spotters , who said they saw it move !!
    Im thinking those were the 12yo scout's / girl guides ? Im Kidless , but aged as Grandpaw , many A younin has had a good time , just bring a adult & we have an area for you. We supply the rifles , ammo & my partners supply knowledge due they are kid endorsed.

Sloth

NotSoSneaky, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sorry, the rum was interfering with my typing.... I did buy 5 boxes and you are correct... thanks for noting the discrepancy. I buy every time I see it on the shelf, but not to the point that I clean them out... for some reason I think I need to reach that goal that Tac set.... I think it was 25K.... I am a long way off... but stacking it deep. ;)

Pax Mentis likes this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Not picking , just funnin
    I'm so pissed on lack of 22 , So NRA & the club has lost me ,plus club is 60% down . In Canada I can buy lots , But Im not allowed to cross border it. I don't break rules , As we teach at both clubs , Canuks & Yanks .

Sloth

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

I picked up a box at the feed store a month ago 550 rnds. for $30.00. Haven't even seen it since then anywhere!

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

It is selling here (when it is in) in 333round boxes (limit one) @$20.00 or $.06 each. This is new, and they were out of stock when I went in for it, but at least there is some available now at @$.10 per round in 100 round boxes limit two. (Hit and miss).

Gopherman likes this.
  16. Seacowboys

I have never seen a product demand in the United States that wasn't met and exceeded by manufacturers almost over night. Capitalism is based on greed and greed fills demand. There is absolutely no way that I am buying into our industry and imports not being able to satisfy the market, especially after three years. I am not that freaking gullible.

Sapper John and gunbunny like this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

So why is it I can buy as much 9mm , but nada on 22lr , Every Wallyworld has 9mm up its ying , but the 22lr is now on the bottom MT isle IN USA .

18. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Yeah all thats around here is 50 rd compitition boxes for almost as much as 9m now :(

19. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Geez - in the 90's I reloaded .223 with 55gr soft points for just under .08 / round. Many a ground squirrel found themselves launched into the air, most in more than one direction at the same point in time.
    Now you're hard pressed to find .22s for that price if you can find them at all.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  20. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

My wife showed interest in shooting a few years ago. I put her on my Henry .22 lever action. oh boy. She thought she was the Rifleman and started blowing through ammo. Then she wanted to shoot a handgun and she started in on my Ruger Mark III. "You don't even have to cock it!" "This is great!"

groan. I'm going to have to come out of retirement and get a job. She's even made bracelets and necklaces out of spent shells.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  1. T. Riley
  2. natshare
  3. duane
  4. JC Refuge
  5. JC Refuge
  6. JC Refuge
  7. OldDude49
  8. oil pan 4
  9. Ganado
  10. Oddcaliber
  11. JC Refuge