.22LR coming back down

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Harbin, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Picked up .. a couple... rounds of 22LR subsonics today for close to pre-surge prices. For a while I wasn't seeing much under .30 /round, today checking ammoseek I found Nachez has a variety available for $.07/rd. Not sure if anyone needs it or is looking, figured I would pass it along.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

as of now Nachez is out of everything 22lr ..... 5:31pm 9 july 2013

3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

availability and $$$ won't come back to normal until the demand ceases .... we currently have a fairly quiet domestic crisis brewing that is only apparent and believable by people like preppers .... if it goes HOT we might never see the end of the gun/ammo shortage .....

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Popular calibers, unless quantity is limited to a really small qty, like a box or 2 .. doesn't matter what it is. It'll be gone in under 24hrs once the word gets out that someone has it in stock.

Brokor likes this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

yup, I put a .223 ammo alert on the shoutbox prior to 11am Saturday. I bought 2000 rds at 10am. Sunday at 8am, all was gone. I hope a few monkeys besides me scored. ???

6. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

You mind if i ask what you paid per round for the .223? I've been watching that too, just haven't seen anything i thought was with jumping at yet.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

57 cents per round, quantity 1000 for $569 with free shipping, reloadable brass cases boxer primed noncorrosive 55gr fmj recent swiss manufacture. at sportsmans guide. In recent months I had purchased 2 AR15's and had bumpkiss for ammo to shoot in them.
    A local gunshop has 1000 rd cases going for $599 plus tax in the Gainesville Fl area

8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

My suggestion is to keep an eye on slickguns.com website. Just a couple days ago, there was 1000 round of remanufactured .223, from a good quality reloading company, for $400 + s/h. That's not bad, especially as even reloads were going for $0.60/round in recent months, and even lately, new ammo is still going for $0.50/round.

If everything continues, as it has been for the past couple months, we should soon see new .223 back down <$0.40/round.

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yes but 22 rimfire in some parts is made of Unobtainium. Like in my AO. 333 rd box going for 90.00 Bwahahhahaha! No, I'm not paying that. Stores (big box) sell out in a couple of hours, even with limits. Anyone that has it in stock is priced like they never want a customer again.

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Saw some Friday, CCI Mini Mag for 6.99 per 100 rd box.
    Seems a bit high but this is CCI stuff...

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Zero boxes of ammo of all calibers except obsolete, odd types anywhere near where I live. No ammo, period.

Guess what? I still have plenty...and I reload. But, hopefully we can get some ammo before the end of next year.

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

But wait! you will shoot those big magazine-clips and then you wouln't have any more and will have to shoot smaller mag-clips! I know you will! that Colorado congress woman said so! You know, the one who is pushing to ban the big mag-clips on the assault guns! :rolleyes:

Brokor likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sorry, No metrosexual girlie man mag's for me !

14. kellory

You already have enough of them to go around? :D :p

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hahaha, Never a market for them here....

16. kellory

what? You get them for free?:rolleyes: :p

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

imvZ9s2HGvSmY.
    Psst, OPSEC

18. kellory

Mountainman likes this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Better look around man, That could be next door !

20. kellory

If only she was.......;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7