.22lr scored projectiles( quikshocks)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, May 24, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

lr 's with a scored projetile ? Pre fragmented to create 3 wound channels? anybody ever played with any of this stuff?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=49925
    one in the adam's apple or below the ear,would be very unpleasant...

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Oh yeah,...
    Long ago, when I had nothing better to do with my time and money!
    They are not all that good for certain...
    On close up, within 30 to 50 feet they act like most other .22's, solid points.
    They did not separate on impact.
    Now, shoot out to 100 feet plus and I had some strange results....,
    The bullet did separate, in the air.
    I had 3 distinct impacts in the desert, but they never came close to the rabbit!
    I've read they were extruded as a bullet, from 3 pieces of lead strips.
    I haven't tried any of them for a long time, severl years at least 10 now,...so maybe they have changed?
    They might have different ballistics on close thin skinned targets, I'm not really sure.
    More recent testing I think is needed!
    Bill

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

bought a few boxes a while back, shot a few squirrels with them but all head shots so I can't say if they tore up too much meat or not. They seem to hit what I shoot at but they will decimate a soda can full of water.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

The "3 strips of lead" is an interesting fact, thanks...

5. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Monkey++

None of my rimfire rifles will shoot the Quickshots with any degree of accuracy but my Ruger 22/45 does pretty good with them. I have yet to try them on small game but I have shot water filled jugs just to see what they did. Ever shot from my Ruger pistol separated into two or three pieces, this was from about 15-20 yards, so they perform as advertised in water filled jugs. I still prefer using CCI Mini Mag 40gr solids of 36gr HP's because both rounds shoot to the same POA and have never let me down when small game hunting.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7