24 hrs. to live...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by probie, Aug 19, 2013.

1. probie

probie Monkey

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

[violin][tinfoil101] If you have to read it on YouTube, and not in the Scientific Literature [BSf]

chelloveck, kellory and tulianr like this.
  3. probie

probie Monkey

4. probie

probie Monkey

not sure I follow bruce.

5. probie

probie Monkey

6. BTPost

Simple.... If it is true, Your DEAD, anyway.... Mostly such things posted on YouTube, are for the Tinfoil Hat crowd.... and if it is only on YouTube and NOT in the Scientific Literature it is Total BS.....

7. probie

probie Monkey

agreed. I just put the video on there as reference .

8. BTPost

Reference to WHAT? Total BS, doesn't need a reference.... YMMV.....

9. probie

probie Monkey

Sometimes you need to be open minded to the WHAT IF'S.... but thanks for your feed back . On a educational note , can you prove it's B.S. or is that an opinion ?

10. probie

probie Monkey

The video was an example of what COULD happen.. It could me outbreak, zombies, solar flare, or killer bee's . I choose planet x..

11. probie

probie Monkey

12. BTPost

Hey, what ever Floats your Boat.... I, do not have to prove ANYTHING.... You posted it... You are able to believe what you want... But Some Yahoo, posting some Junk Science, on YouTube, does NOT rise to Creditable, in my Book.... But that is just "Me".... YMMV....

13. probie

probie Monkey

Sounds good . Just an example of WHAT IF.. thanks for the feed back.

14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Well now that we have that covered.... if there were only 24 hours left due to.... whatever and it was substantiated. I would do nothing but sit out on the deck with momma and enjoy the day, talk some about life in general, have a cocktail and a nice dinner. Next day, go to work and if it is over.... well I don't have to get up at 5, but if nothing has happened, life roll's on.

Nuff said.... but then I am not worried about that sort of dreamland stuff.... I am more concerned with jack booted .gov thugs trying to take away my freedom, to live my life as I chose.....
    YD

BTPost and tulianr like this.
  15. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

If the link on the original post was meant to simply suggest a theoretical extinction level event, as an example; then to the query "How would you spend your last 24 hours?" I would reply, "Pretty much as I spend any 24 hours."

I don't see the point in rushing about in a tizzy, I'm not going to attempt a marathon reading of every book that I haven't had time to read, I'm not going to call up all of my friends and family to say things that I don't really mean anyway, and what's the point, after all? I would continue to live life and prepare for the future. If the scientists are wrong, no problem. If they are right, no problem.

16. probie

probie Monkey

I would spend an hour on survival monkey sending messages saying I told you so.... Then fire up the BBQ and eat the neighbors duck.

Brokor, Icefoot, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  17. BTPost

Yep, Tulinar... The problem is self-solving... with or without any intervention by Me, and there is nothing I could do about it anyway.... Not something I worry about.... Kind of like Jet Engines falling out of the sky and wiping "Me" out..... OR the next Solar Flare.... taking out my local Grid, which I do not have.... Not real relevant in my life.... ......

18. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

You know, I have thought of the subject of 24 hours to sudden death and really haven't been able to come up with any dramatic difference in what I would do and what I do every day...maybe appreciate it a little more, but I always kind of bear in mind that every time I do something could be the last chance I get to do it anyway.

tulianr, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  19. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

24 hours.... Hug my daughter and make love with my wife.

It has often been stated that God fearing people should live everyday as if it were their last then nothing would need be done. I can't seem to get my wife to embrace this perspective... ;-(

AT

20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Well, as an answer to this thread, What would I do with just 24 hours left? I would play music and reflect on all that I have enjoyed in this life and give as much comfort to those that I love as I could. Not a big production, just a simple thanks and one last song.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7