24 hrs. to live...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by probie, Aug 19, 2013.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

On the porch with Mama reflecting on all I have been lucky and unlucky enough to have seen and experienced. It's been a good ride and time to move on to what's next. Although, if I knew I only had 24 hours left there are people on this list...........................if I'm going they are going with me.........one way or another.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Go fishing. Make an excellent meal for me and my significant other. Watch a funny movie. Take her to bed to hold, comfort, and more. Pray for the best, and go to sleep for the night or whatever.

Icefoot likes this.
  3. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

Like tac said: go fishing. And watch the fireworks from the boat.

4. probie

probie Monkey

Great comments guys .

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

hypothetically speaking.
    the internet will be slower than an acoustic coupled voice modem.
    the phone system will be over loaded.
    the freeways and main roads will be parking lots.

I'll probably walk down to the end of the drive, close the gate.
    walk back up to the house.
    check to see what we got in the freezer.
    go find that bottle rum, whip up some daiquiris
    if it's cold outside, get a fire going in the fire pit. move the chairs closer
    burn the hell outta what ever i pulled from the freezer
    eat it
    watch the fire die down to ember and then head off to bed with the missus.

Oh wait, that's what we'd do just about every chance we get. So i guess, I'd not be doing anything special for the occasion.

6. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

which reminds me.........I have a bottle of rum that needs used up.

and in case it does happen tomorrow, it's been a pleasure my fellow simians.
    See you all on the other side, ...man, what a banquet thats going to be.

and in case it's not tomorrow ( it will be for a few people somewhere on the planet)
    see you Thursday.

tulianr and VisuTrac like this.
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I would enjoy my wife's company and some real good Bourbon. I would never feel a thing.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Something like the end of the world, is NOT gonna sneak up on you overnight. You would have months to prepare for that last 24hours. There will be THOUSANDS of women feeling robbed of time, and future, wanting just one more roll in the hay, and I think my dance card would be truly filled to bursting.:D I might even cum and go at the same time....[do-it] NEXT!;)

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Thousands.....?!! [chopper]

kellory likes this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Have a Taco bash with family and friends... wish them all the best... and then head home with the wife set the clock and enjoy her company until the world ends or work time comes around.... (I've lived through so many it's the end of the world prophesies that i'm a little jaded...)

tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Reminds me of that saying "Live, Laugh & Love" everything else will work itself out one way or another. I for one hope that if a day comes when I have to make up, in 24 hours, what I should have been doing all along... I have failed me, my wife, my family and all of the folks I call Friend.

BTPost and tulianr like this.
  12. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

[applaud]Amen Yard Dart

BTPost and Yard Dart like this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

?

14. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

I would want to spend the last 24 hours forgiving and repenting and praising and praying to the Lord, hopefully with my family and friends or by myself if I am away.

I can't think of a better way to die than praising God until the last breath.

Sapper John likes this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I will stand in my front yard butt naked shooting my duck gun at this alien planet and when I'm out of shell's I'll make the sign of the cross with my machete.

That should about do it !

16. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7