2ND AMENDMENT, WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU?...

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by lonewolf88, Feb 20, 2016.

1. lonewolf88

lonewolf88 Monkey

MBTs, ww2 tanks, APCs, IFVs, ICVs, etc. are a bit harder to get. Most are overseas and forced to be demilitarized. (No armament or live cannons.) While destructive devices are not illegal, just as automatic/selective fire arms are not illegal, they require special permits. (I know, its stupid.)

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I have been given free will by my creator. Other than that there are many places in the Bible going on about girding the sword,old testament and new. I won't try to name the most few dozen pertinent books as there are others here in the tree who are way better versed in the Bible than I am. But consider Numbers 1:3. Seems GOD commanded the formation of a milita.

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

To me, the 2nd means I am a freeman with the right to defend myself and mine.

4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

case by case. That is how all law before the courts should be decided. Let a judge decide on each case if a man should be stripped of his rights. W e all know at least one person who has had their right to bear arms taken from them in an unjust way. Damned minimum sentencing gets a lot of good men banned from owning guns. My son is one of them. He has a felony ,non violent. cant have a modern firearm of any type in his possession and even air rifles and black powder are subject to the arresting officers discretion. He can purchase a black powder gun without any background check. That does not mean he can have it in his hands. Does this make sense? If an officer decides he wants to take it from him he had better lay it down and back away. See my point? The law in this area is kind of vague as in,,,,, his court order says he cannot possess any type of firearm. By law he can purchase a black powder rifle but can not possess it. I asked the D.N.R. if he could hunt with one. They didnt have the answer to that. The Sheriff said no. State police said no. Local police had no Idea. So he stays with the cross bow.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Kingfish That would be due to a STATE Statute, where he lives, and NOT the Federal Statute on Felons in Possession of a FireArm... Here in Alaska we have a State Statute, that says a Felon MAY posses a FireArm, if he meets the following conditions.
    1. He/She has been out of State or Federal Supervision (Parol) for 5 Years.
    2. He/She has had no further interactions, with Law Enforcement, and Law Violations.
    Alaska has this Statute, so that Felons who live a Substance Lifestyle, can continue to Hunt, to feed themselves and their Families, rather than be Forced onto the Public Dole, to survive. The Federal Statute still applies, HOWEVER, the FEDs have to much to do, and to few, actual FED Bodies, to do it with, that they never actually have time to go out looking for Folks who meet the State Requirements. If One of these Felons, does get into a State Violation, with a FireArm, then the US Attorney, on occasion, has in the past, taken Jurisdiction, and Indicted said Felon, on the Federal Charge...

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

all I can say is that, if I were ever convicted of a felony, I would not let that stop me from being armed. I do not recognize any human or government's power to deprive me of my God-given rights.

7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yes I am sure every State has different laws regarding what a convicted felon can or can not have in their possession . As was stated before and I am in agreement with is that every case should be judged on its own merit. These minimum sentence rules take the judge out of the picture in regards to sentence.

kellory likes this.
  1. toolbelt99
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. HK_User
  5. Big Ron
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Yard Dart
  8. tacmotusn
  9. enloopious
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Tully Mars