It is clear to me this will be a development process. so I'll try and remember to just keep filling out this thread as things progress. Please allow me to say this before we get started: Today was literally step one in the process. Recently got a new Remington 700P. I took some .308 FGMM to use as a "control", and total of 15 cartridges each five loaded with a different powder. That means in this initial set I tested factory ammo, and three powders. Numbered 1-4. Otherwise the components were the same: All ammo except #1: Hornady match bullets 168gr HPBT, (fire formed) once fired FGMM brass, Winchester Large Rifle Primers, OCL 2.877in Temp: 66 degrees Wind: Full value, Left to right. 15 MPH gusting 18 MPH. Humidity: Nada clue. It wasn't raining. Range: 100 Yards, Otter Creek. Each square on the target is 1"x1" (I checked with a ruler). Same point of aim was used for all shots fired. Load #1 - Federal Gold Medal Match, Factory ammo. 168gr Sierra HPBT Chrono #1 - 2642fps, Chrono #2 - 2625. load #2, 44.0gr Varget. Chrono #1 - 2734fps, Chrono #2 - 2736fps I realize you may have a problem believing there are three holes there so take a closer look: load #3, 41.5gr IMR 4064. Chrono #1 - 2596fps, Chrono #2 - 2577fps Lower right is a called flyer. load #4, 44.0gr Hogdon BL-C(2). Chrono #1 - 2554fps, Chrono #2 - 2526fps I could be wrong. but I'm pretty sure this rifle shoots OK.