.32 caliber

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Jun 27, 2019.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

anybody shoot the mighty .32? I shoot .32acp,.32sw,.32swl,.32 hr mag and .32-20. I get the most enjoyment out of the .32 more so than any other caliber I shoot. No recoil,little noise and one of the most accurate of the revolver calibers. Ammo for the .32hr and the .32-20 cost more than it should but that’s the only hang up I know of. I had one of the early charter arms in .327mag but had to get rid of it because of the loud noise it made,but would buy a rossi lever action rifle in .327 mag in a minute. Back in the ammo shortages durning the obuma years .32 caliber was one of the few you could still find on the shelf. The .32acp,.32sw and the .32swl are a little lite for self defense but the .32 hr mag,the .32-20 and the .327 mag are as good as .38 special or better. A lot of good people have been brought down by a .32 or smaller caliber. The .327mag runs up there with the .357 mag in getting the job done. Another thing I believe in is having a lot of different caliber weapons so you would then be able to find ammo for at least one of them. I own guns in 21 different calibers and one gauge. I ought to be able to find ammo some were. Now if I could have the perfect weapon for a gun fight it would be a 12 ga full auto belt fed mounted on an armored four wheel drive or a .50 so I could stay out of harms way. By the way you can shoot the .32acp,.32sw,.32swl,.32hr mag and the .327 out of the same gun. [YD]
    [flag]

2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

I think the .32's are overlooked and underrated. I have a Russian .30 aka 7.62 x 25 Tokarev, but if I didn't have that I would have a revolver in .327 or .32hr mag.

techsar, tacmotusn and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I like them, have shot several, but currently do not own any.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I Have a Walther PPK in .32 auto, damn nice shootin, very accurate little pistol, and nasty too! No much lovin in the old .32s these days!
    Same with 9mm Makarov (9X18) love my CZ 82, also a very accurate pistol!
    I experimented on one, reamed it out to take 9X19 and it works beautifully, though 124 gr bullets are the biggest it will feed reliably! Still, an awesome rig.

Btw the Smith & Wesson Built PPKs can also be reamed to 9X19, but care must be taken in feeding them, no +p stuff, especially over 124 gr!

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

.32 Auto FN 1910 is nifty. I used to shoot lots of .32 S&W Long in the Nagant revolvers when it was cheap. It was a one time use thing that was a gun show work-around when the import pistol market got ahead of the surplus ammo supply. It swelled the cases, and didn't deal the cylinder gap as the original Nagant ammo did, but it would shoot, and was cheap fun.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

This is all I have,Still trying to make it a full-auto,Polish the trigger and mount a red dot.

Oh and a high capacity assault clips too...

bug a salt.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Okay Okay, I am narrow minded. I don't intend to reload much anymore. Too old of a dawg for new tricks. The 1st thing that comes to mind to me when someone say .32 cal ..... is 32acp which as you said is expensive to feed, plus almost impossible to find locally in anything except FMJ Ball. That said almost any cheap 36gr hollowpoint or 40gr solid 22LR high velocity 1250+ fps has more killing performance for less than 4 cents a round.
    NO I AM NOT GUNKID !!!

techsar, Gray Wolf and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Have and wish I still had my H&R 32 mag revolver. As stated earlier, a touch pricy to shoot, but back several years ago, here in my part of the world, you couldn't find Any .380 and 9mm was limited, but I could walk into your local gun shop and they would have a box or two of 32 cal laying around collecting dust. An old favorite that has gone out of style, but is a very good caliber. Just my opinion.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Wife has a Rossi revolver in .32swl that her grandfather used in the Pacific Theater...worked well in time of war.

Oddcaliber, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I regularly carry a S&W Model of 1903 loaded with .32 S&W Long. It's a fine shooter in functionality and accuracy. It's a great gun for pocket carry.

My great aunt Lucille put a bad man in the ground with it by shooting through a door in the Depression. He was Dead Right There.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  12. Borrego

Borrego Monkey

Not a pistol, but I have an old early 1900's Winchester lever gun in .32 Special. That thing kicks like a Mutha!

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Yup,the .32 caliber will do damage to ya! You tube Paul Harrel did some vids on the .32. Got some interesting results.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

also effective in bear country. knee cap your hiking partner. and make your get away.

15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We always called um Toe Poppers! Especially after witnessing a perp take 5 to the back and 1 to the back of the skull from a full house .357 Mag! Course said perp expired 3 blocks later from his wounds! Still, proof it's not what you hit them with, it's wear you hit them!

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

17. damoc

damoc Monkey+++

Ive been shooting .32 SW in replica firearms lots of fun to shoot and reload I am very tempted to make my next revolver a .327 federal magnum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.327_Federal_Magnum all the fun of shooting the .32 SW and the power when you want it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Only down side of the Fed Mag is the inability of fitting in a semi auto!

damoc and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I shoot the .32acp only in my newer revolvers. The .32 acp has a semi rim and will chamber in the acp,.32swl and .32 hr. In a new .327 mag you can shoot .32acp,.32sw,.32swl,.32hr mag and .327 mag. I do not shoot the .32 acp in my older revolvers,.32 acp has a little too much pressure for the .32sw and .32swl.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 and damoc like this.
  20. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I love the .32acp. I shoot a pair of Colt 1903's in .32acp regularly. It's amazing to me that one is 99 years old and the other is 101 years old and they both shoot as well today as they did when they left the factory. I also shoot it in a semi auto vz61 clone and carried a Beretta Tomcat for years.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7