$375 Tiny House

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by RPR, May 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RPR

RPR Monkey

My latest purchase for the ranch...

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I can relate. I am presently living in a combination of my unfinished dream home and a 38 foot 5th wheel RV positioned on the North side of the new house along side the huge carport, with it hooked into full electrical power. water, and the septic tank system. I make progress on the new house as money is available and the spirit moves me.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

A tiny little, thick wall highly insulated 12 x 16 shelter would probably be a more economical to heat and cool in the extreme heat of summer or the short florida winters. I have considered several times building one as a quest cabin and or retreat. An RV with 2 inch walls is not very energy efficient.

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

At last! A tiny house somebody didn't have to spend $12,000.00 on.

I've seen a lot of articles where someone started off with a $1,500.00 flatbed trailer and then spent another $10-20 thousand building a poorly-proportioned 2x4 stud-walled stick house on it.

What they usually wind up with is over-cost, over-weight, cramped, and not nearly as cute as it was supposed to be.

And very short on storage space, too.

I gotta say, though, RPR's is the best-looking small house I've seen in a while!

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Have a 1989 Fireball 5th, 24ft all aluminum frame, the design and setup is like no others high quality building materials.
    Which is why Fireball does not exist anymore. I would not trade or sell mine if SHTF, this thing is already packed ready to go and has dual batteries as as a solar panel that charges the two deep cells in about 6-10 hrs. I rotate stock periodically.

chelloveck, kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  6. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

a few years ago my son and brother and myself built a 16x20 2 room building out of pallets and the only thing I had invested in it was nails,screws and tin for the roof every thing else was free. at present my wood cook stove and a dining table are in it I even had someone give me insulation for all the walls and the wiring was free too. there is a 2 burner camp stove that I have a propane line in to the kitchen for making coffee when I don’t want to fire the stove up

7. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

The "current" SURVIVALIST MAG #27 (you will note that Harris Publ. went out of business because they published total crap for magazines. Been meaning to post a thread about this for some time and the mags they used to put out) is the "tiny house" issue and totally useless as far as I'm concerned. Good to see one done right.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I'm thinking on building e a bushcraft hut in this size range to teach out of. Haven't figured out what I want to do yet, are far as cooling and lighting, but I'm in the works on it.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. $375 for a RV, I thought my brother was the best wheeler dealer but this beats his 41 ft sailboat for $550 was the best deal ever until I realized that he has to pay a dock fee every month until he repairs the motor and moves it.

Ganado likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

WHAT????? Who needs a motor, when you have SAILS, and just a bit of wind....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    kemps likes this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

12. WTF Off Grid

WTF Off Grid Off Grid Since Oct 15

yeah, we're in an RV while the Tiny House is under construction. Not ideal but not terrible. We came straight here from a 1700 sq foot house so most everything was left behind and sold. Biggest issue I have with the RV though is the insulation. and constant leaks. Can't wait to be in our new home.

1. deMolay
  2. oil pan 4
  3. DKR
  4. chelloveck
    Hobbit living.... [MEDIA] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: chelloveck, Jul 1, 2018, 3 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  5. DKR
  6. TXKajun
  7. chelloveck
  8. cwb
  9. garden_gnome
  10. Tully Mars