380 pistol vs Glock 26

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kcmrrc, Oct 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kcmrrc

kcmrrc Monkey+

huh?? Browning, honestly for got about them.. ill have to research there 380.. i didnt know they even had one..

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Our local shop has one they will be open Tues. and Ill get you the modle number. I seen it Sat when I was in there and I think he had $575.00 or $600.00 on it.

3. kcmrrc

kcmrrc Monkey+

yes please do!!!

and thanks Bassic for you input.. i like it..

but im still kind of wondering why ive not heard much about the S&W around here..

but a scaled down 1911 would be sweet!!

4. kcmrrc

kcmrrc Monkey+

im jumping off here as i have to go to pre-op tomorrow morning..

i just want to say thanks again everyone!! this is more than i expected!!

5. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

yes the Sig P238 has a slide catch, last round fired hold open, & a manual safety. As a bonus it being metal, less recoil is felt than in a polymer .380. It can be carried cocked & locked same as a Fullsized 1911. Only downside to the Sig Sauer P238 is the price. It runs between $500 to $650 new.
    sig_sauer_p238_sas_1. sig-238-sas-07.

6. craneje

craneje Monkey+

With regard to the Ruger LCP 380, I carry one on a daily basis and have done so for over a year now. The bad news is a long, heavy trigger pull, poor sights, a magazine safety, and no hold open after last shot. The good news is very thin design, it & a spare mag absolutely disappear into a hip pocket (with the help of a home-made holster). It is reliable with both ball and hp ammo. I'm not looking to replace mine, I'm happy with it.

7. kcmrrc

kcmrrc Monkey+

F150, im getting pulled toward the p238 more and more, plus my dad just got one!! cant wait to see his and fire it.. you say the down side is the cost but, when comparing all the features sounds like a good buy!!

what would you say the range is on the p238?

im still hoping to find someone on here that has the S&W compact 380 with the integrated laser.. i would love to here more about that gun as well.. i may end up starting a new thread seeking out people that own that gun as well..

8. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I dunno what the Range on a Sig P238, but it prolly more than my skill level can achieve with it. Only been to Gun Range twice with it. Both times the ranges I shot it at was 5, 7, & 10 yards. Mainly because I consider a .380 to be more of a GTF Off Me Gun. Only having shot it twice, but LOTS of Rounds (150+) each time, best I have skill for at moment is keeping it inside the 8 ring or better at those ranges. That will improve with more time & experience with it. Curiously enough, alot of the Sig P238s seem to have Sig NIGHT Sights that glow very well. :)

Oh yeah, There are lasers that mount on them as well, a few even come WITH them but I expect those to be higher priced. Each time I've shot my Sig P238 SAS I feel regret. Regret that I ever wasted my time & money on that failure of a pocket gun I had, a Diamondback DB380!

9. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I think a lot of people are still turned off to S&W autos because of the Sigma series. Yes, they were turds. Yes, everybody knew they were turds. S&W didn't seem to care.

Now, though, S&W has been making quite a few really good autos. I wrote a pretty lengthy piece on the S&W M&P that my wife uses as her duty weapon. S&W has been connected with Walther to build the P-22 for them. They have a lot of good guns on the market now.

My friends gun shop is selling a lot of Rugers, Taurus, and S&W .380's. I've shot a Ruger LCP and the best thing I can say for it is- it does the job it is ment to do. That is, it's a belly gun, ment to shoot at close or point blank ranges.

Unless you plan on shooting a case of .380's, getting accuracy out of it is going to be tough. I'm not saying impossible, just that you're going to get out of it what you put into it. I can't see the average Joe bothering to shoot it enough (kind of expensive) to get as accurate as a Bersa. Definitely not as comfortable to shoot as a Bersa, Kahr, Walther, or any other slightly larger, full metal framed pistol.

As for the Bersa, I shot quite a lot of rounds through it before the slide stop wore down. Shooting .380 is kind of like eating candy; you always go through more than you thought you did because it was too much fun and WAY too easy.

As for the Kahr, the only problems I encountered with break in was with tear-down and cleaning. When we first got the K9, it was a royal pain in the butt to tear down. After shooting it a bit, it got a lot easier. Unfortunetly I just had the slide parkerized and the frame duracoated to match, and it is quite tight again. I'm waiting a few weeks for the duracoat to fully cure before I take it to the range again, shoot it, and carry it.

Kcmrrc- Godspeed, buddy. You're on my prayer list.

10. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Here's another vote for the Sig P238. Traded up from a Ruger LCP for it.
    Much nicer sights and trigger, in my opinion. Mine is all black.

11. swalt

swalt Monkey+

For my carry pistol I use a Taurus .380 with a 6 round clip. In my nightstand I have a Glock 21, and a 13 round clip. I like the .45 ... it fits my hand really well, and it's very accurate. For a carry weapon, it's just a little too big, so I bought the Taurus. It's small, conceals easily, and if you put the round where you want to put it, it's effective.

12. bassic

bassic Monkey+

Hey Casey, the LCP does have a long pull, but not terrible. It isn't as "grainy" or as long or as tough as a SW Sigma, by any means (used to have one of those, too). The form factor was what drew me to it, I had looked at the Kel-Tec P3AT, but it didn't have the feel I was looking for, definitely less refined than the LCP. I would rather have a P238 at this point, but it is a great mousegun to slide in your back pocket, or your PDA case on your belt...honestly, the Sig is twice the gun at twice the price. You get what you pay for.

For the money, it's hard to beat the Bersa- with twice the mass, it has significantly less felt recoil. It handles really well, and it's durable as can be. I love mine.

13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My advice would be to try the Glock 26 and see if it works for you. If not look at the Ruger LC9. Just like the LCP .380, but in 9mm and just a hair bigger.

14. kcmrrc

kcmrrc Monkey+

thanks gunbunny!
    my first surgery is at 7:30 wed morning. suppose to be about 6 hours long.. so, if im feeling ok that evening ill let yall know they haven't killed me yet!! God bless!!

im with ya CraftyMofo, the more i look at the ruger sights it turns me down.. know i know its a belly gun a would probably be great for that but, like i mentioned before, i want something i can shoot and still have fun with.. some i can still shoot a group with and then challenge my friends to do better.. ha.. seeing as how it may be rare to actually use the gun in life or dead i still want something that can be sport shot a little. and i just dont see the sights on the ruger.. its almost like they are not there.. just a point and shoot..i think they probably could have don a little better on the sights.. but that is what its attended for, a belly gun..

bassic likes this.
  15. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I've been happy with my Polish P-64 -- less than $200. I've been taking it to the range once a month and it always impresses me with its accuracy. It has it's faults, but accuracy and reliability are not among them. It carries nicely IWB too.

Two other CCW pistols that are attracting my attention are the new Sig P239 and the Walther PPS. Perhaps a little rich for me right now.

16. Alpha Dog

I found this picture on line this is like the 380 Browning I was telling you about. The only diff is the one that the local shop has here is blued.

• 051153392_1.

Browning BDA 380 Base

<TABLE><TBODY><TR class=odd><TH>Calibers</TH><TD>.380 ACP </TD><TR class=even><TH>Barrel Length</TH><TD>3.8 inches</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TH>Overall Length</TH><TD>6.8 inches</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH>Weight</TH><TD>34 ounces</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TH>Capacity</TH><TD>13+1</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH>Action</TH><TD>Double Action</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TH>Gun Type</TH><TD>Pistol</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH>MSRP</TH><TD>$779.00</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TH>[​IMG]</TH><TD>$652.00</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH>User Rating</TH><TD class=info-rating>0

Your rating: None

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tell you another to look at is the CZ RAMI 2000 it's a nice sub copact 9mm holds 10 rounds very good shooter and reliable. It is also around $500.00 to $600.00

<HR color=#0000ff SIZE=5>
    [​IMG]

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a sub-compact semi-automatic based on the proven CZ 75 line of pistols.

The trigger mechanism operates in selective DA and SA mode depending on the shooter’s preferences. Several safety devices are used including a firing pin block and a manual safety. Incorporating the CZ double-stack magazine design, the little RAMI accommodates 10 rounds of 9mm Luger.
    With a 3 inch barrel, and unloaded weight of less than 25 ounces, the black polycoat, alloy frame RAMI is ideal for concealed carry.

CZ 2075 RAMI features:

• CZ 75 Quality and Reliability
      [*]6.5 Inches long x 4.7 Inches high x 1.25 Inches wide
      [*]3 Inch barrel
      [*]Weighs less than 25 ounces
      [*]SA/DA action
      [*]Manual safety
      [*]Low profile, snag-free sights
      [*]10+1
      [*][​IMG]

bassic and NVBeav like this.
  17. bassic

bassic Monkey+

Hey Casey, hope you're doing well post-surgery...prayers sent for a quick and complete recovery!

18. Alpha Dog

I 2nd that hope all is well.

1. Bishop
  2. AxesAreBetter
  3. HK_User
  4. AxesAreBetter
  5. OldDude49
  6. 10brokenpromises
  7. Bandit99
  8. oth47
  9. melbo