3M-TA3 Taking The Primal Plunge

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by 3M-TA3, Aug 5, 2016.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Monthly check in...

So far weight loss has been less than expected, but I attribute this to the availability of fresh fruit. I just can't resist Hermiston watermelons, Washington peaches, and wild Himalayan blackberries are producing like crazy right now. The resulting higher than planned carb levels have slowed things down a bit, but that's all just about over. I also fell off the wagon for a pair of meals last month, both involving spaghetti sauce and pasta. I followed up both times with a couple of very low carb days (< 50 gr).

Still, I've lost a total of 6.1 lbs this last month having dropped from 311.1 to 305 as of a few minutes ago. That's an average of just over 1.5 lbs per week. I was really hoping to break the 300 mark by now, but I'll take what I can get. Math tells me I will get to my goal in someplace between one to two years. Seems like a long time, but if I'd started two years ago...

Otherwise, I feel better and the mild exercise routine is improving my strength and stamina. I am more active and have taken on more chores around the house. I also sleep better and wake up in the morning feeling better as well.

=================================== WARNING!!! TMI ALERT====================================​

So, I've always had this theory that the amount of toilet paper you use in an indicator of the quality of your diet. Man is the only animal that needs toilet paper, and you never see any other animal that needs to clean themselves that way. Sure, you will see a dog scoot on the grass (or your carpet :eek:) from time to time, but look at who is feeding them and what is in it...

My point is, regardless of how we were created, toilet paper had nothing to do with it. At some point we had to invent toilet paper or suffer the fate of sleeping alone. It goes to reason then that any diet that requires we use toilet paper beyond the minimum is flawed. That's part of what told me initially that the Primal Blueprint theory regarding grains had merit.

I can tell you that the entirety of the bathroom experience on Primal is one of the motivating factors to keep eating Primal, and thankfully, that's as much as I'm going to say on that particular subject.

My final TMI observation is that my wife is grateful that my production of personal greenhouse gasses has effectively stopped. I've written Al Gore and asked him to send me some carbon credits, but so far no response.

=====================END TMI ALERT - PLEASE RESUME NORMAL READING======================​

The only real bad news is the Mrs 3M has thrown in the towel for now. She just can't stay away from sweets and is also a late late night person so wound up eating snacks through the night. I doesn't help that her mom who lives with us (also chunky) preaches non stop the party line of high carbs low fat. It's so funny that she keeps telling me that I'm doing it wrong, then a few minutes later complains that nothing SHE is doing works for her, then says it's because food "takes twice as long for me to digest than normal people", and how she is going to start nutrisystems "soon". I just smile, nod, and eat my zucchini...

I'm hoping my continued success will inspire my wife to get back in the saddle. That we are now somewhat eating separate meals wears on her, but I am sticking to my guns.

My favorite meal so far is a blast from my past Atkins days - a simple salad made from tuna (Kirkland always) marinated in a simple vinaigrette I make myself, sweet onions, Costco tomatoes on the vine (the small ones, chopped up) and good old head lettuce. This is one of those dishes that is far greater than the sum of it's parts. Tasty, filling, and never slows you down. My vinaigrette is 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 4 tbsp red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

How did you feel after eating that stuff. I can now feel myself getting lethargic when I eat crap like I used to. I never realized how much my eating affected my energy level.

Good job @3M-TA3 also- thanks for the salad and dressing recipe.

Ganado and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

For not giving in to temptation, you are hereby granted one Primal Grunt...

Gaurff! Rock On 3M!!

Try Spaghetti Squash instead of pasta noodles....

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  1. Ganado
  2. GrayGhost
  3. hot diggity
  4. kckndrgn
  5. Minuteman
  6. ditch witch
  7. DarkLight
  8. Sapper John
  9. Yard Dart
  10. RightHand
  11. kckndrgn