$40 for a Case of Bottled Water?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, May 23, 2013.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I moved a little further out into the country last year, so that we could be more self-supporting, and I haven't met all of the people in the extended area yet; but they seem to be a pretty mixed bag, based on what observations I've been able to make. A couple of the neighbors that I have met are good folks with potentially useful skill sets; but the vast majority, though they live in the country, seem to have no interest in being self-sufficient.

So far as I'm able to determine, I'm the only person within at least five miles that has chickens or livestock, or even a garden. I'm all for community building, but looking about at my new neighbors, I'm feeling very much like a local grocery store in a SHTF situation. Maybe the animals and garden that I've put in will give folks some positive ideas in that direction.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

If you are inclined- you may have the market cornered on food, and will be able to barter for other things yet to be identified...... such as labor, defensive assistance, resources.... for food and such...Just a thought. But in the same context I would put further thought into defensive planning to prevent raiders for sure.

JABECmfg and tulianr like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Try adding a few of these, and I think your garden will be safe... 7071.

BushcrafterAnthony and tulianr like this.
  4. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

They might be a little hard on my chicken flock though.

VisuTrac likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

hey, I don't claim to have ALL the answers....;)

tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7