401K .. this is what keeps me up at night.

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by VisuTrac, Apr 7, 2014.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Mountainman and stg58 like this.
  2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have the same fear. I will pull what I can when I don't have to pay the 10% penalty and salt it it away in metals and some cash.

It will be called the "Affordable Retirement Act"

STANGF150 and William Antrum like this.
  3. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

remember to give unto ceasar what is caesar's, they can have all of my crap they can get in the back of one of them there 6 wheeled military transports they can handle... let em have it can find or make more later with little or no tools any way.... one thing they can't take ,have, or wash is my mind ...

gunbunny likes this.
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

No dog in this fight. Have everything invested in REAL items that have value.

5. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Same here I have never trusted 401k plans .

STANGF150 and Mountainman like this.
  6. ReadyYankee

ReadyYankee Monkey+++

I have never trusted brokers and any one analysis. I have always managed my own finances, including my own stock portfolio, since college. And my research is my own and drawing from many resources.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I use my Company 401K Plan (which they NOW match, on a 50% basis) as a Savings Account. I am over 59 1/2 years old, so there is NO Penalty for any withdrawal, for Me. Also I am in a very LOW Tax Bracket. (Less than 3%) So, every Year I pull out 75% of the accumulated Balanace, and buy Canadian Gold MapleLeafs. If Uncle Sugar wants to take what is left, and give Me USG Bonds, FINE, I will just take them, and hold them, as there will not be much money in there, in the first place. It just is NOT a significant portion of my worth. ...... YMMV.....

STANGF150 and stg58 like this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

This my program also, They match 75% up to 20% of my income. I will take $0.75 for every $1 I put in and I will be 59.5 very soon :) :(

I also have a company funded pension that scares the crap out of me thinking that they will mess with that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7