.45 ACP

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by gadinort, Sep 19, 2007.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I know...

That's why I reload my 9mm with Dyn-O-Mite!
    [winkthumb][winkthumb][winkthumb][winkthumb][winkthumb][winkthumb]

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

lmao

3. melbo

Glock Kabooms were more than likely caused by my +tnt reloads!!

Ahahhhahahhahahaha

4. Quigley_Sharps

[tinfoil101]Might have been dishwashers had too hot of water :sneaky:

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[fnny] :lol:

6. melbo

at least they are clean...
    fricken 1911-heads.....

7. Quigley_Sharps

[flag]

8. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

I noticed that nobody mentioned the Ruger P90TH. I've owned one for years and love it. They are fairly inexpensive and (as far as my experience goes) totaly reliable. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.....except maybe an actual full-auto Tommy gun.....loaded with Hydra-shoks....right in the middle of the next LA riot.....where was I?

9. ConstitutionLover

ConstitutionLover Monkey+++

I have a Springfield Armory XD .45acp 4" Service model...and I -love- it.

Pro's: Extremely comfortable grip, reliable, durable, accurate, high capacity(13+1), tactical rail, trigger/grip safety, chambered round indicator, ready firing pin indicator, gaining quickly in popularity.

con's: Relatively new, limited customization, chambered round indicator/ready firing pin indicator(only a con for a well educated and observant enemy, subtlety is sometimes a key weapon.)

I opted to go for the full sized version, though there are compacts available.

10. ConstitutionLover

ConstitutionLover Monkey+++

p.s.

Cocked and loaded is the only way to carry/have bedside. What good is an unloaded gun if the SHTF? Sometimes a second is a second too long.

Educate the children if there are any...responsible gun ownership and handling is key.

11. Quigley_Sharps

Exactly
    My Children grew up in a household where they didn’t have to wonder if the firearms were loaded or not….. All of my firearms are loaded 24-7
    My children are avid shooters and never went to town or school to kill anyone, I wonder why that is……..

12. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

gadinort, did you ever make a decision?

13. gadinort

gadinort Monkey+++

Not really. One positive of having to wait a few months to receive my new permit is that I have plenty of time to ponder over my selection. As of today I am actually leaning towards an SA XD 5" Tactical.

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have yet to find someone that isn't happy with their XD tactical. Mine shoots outstanding. It, along with it's standard .45 4 inch sibling are keepers.

15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Ditto. I have the 4 inch version and love it. I am still loyal to my first love, my 1911's, but the XD is with me everywhere I go. In a SHTF, bug out situation, where I had to choose between the two, I think the XD would be the one I would take.

Fully loaded with 13 rounds it is lighter than my 1911 with 7.

16. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not to mention it is so easy to clean. My Les Baer 1911 requires a tool. You can take the XD apart in seconds, and put it back together in seconds. Quick, easy, and runs forever. I have about 600 rounds through my tactical, it has never had a FTF and I have yet to clean it. I am seeing how long it will take before I start having problems. My 4 inch I keep clean since it is my carry gun.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7