458 SOCOM 1895 GBL Lever Action

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Jul 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

sad... I see NO one listing the Sharps in 45-70... I am now officially POUTING! (mutters stuff just low enough it's not clear what's said)

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

45-70 Gatling gun works for me.

4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

What separates the men from the boys is the price of their toys!

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm now seeing this in direct coralation to Weiner size or lack there of in comparison , The bigger the bore the need to have something to brag about.....hahaha

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

So, your saying there might be some Small Penis Syndrome here?
    Compensating, YUP, easy to spot!
    [​IMG]

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  7. Kruel J

Kruel J Monkey

And the
    It's like fishing stories, the fish in the story is always at least twice the size as it really was. :D

3M-TA3, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

.45-120[winkthumb]

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Hon it would take 10k to replace my M82 today;)
    Yes there is something about hitting a 12" piece of steel @ 1,000yrds with a semi auto .50BMG that makes it worth it to me. My MG34 and Sass's MG42 are worth several times the above amount. It all depends on what you want and like I guess.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I would like to make a Sharps in 45/70.. If I can find some machine drawings for less than a hundred dollars.. Anyone know of a source??

11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Well a 3 hunnert dollar SKS holds near 4 times the rounds and no manual re -cocking between the "pews" but, you know, EVERYONE has one of those so yeah it's a (some) guys thang!:)

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Kruel J

Kruel J Monkey

I don't have an SKS. Is that wrong? :D

13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Well you need at least one so as to arm that one brother in law who never seems to have any gear when he shows up. Or maybe i'm the only lucky sucker to have one of"those" in laws. :rolleyes:

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Kruel J

Kruel J Monkey

My first centerfire rifle was an SKS, all decked out in Tapco plastic. :rolleyes:

I sold it to fund my first AR, a Bushmaster A2 post-ban.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I only have the one, currently stashed in a plastic pipe with 120 rounds under the hood of my pickup! Wish I had piled them high and deep when they were $100 at Big Five! Don't even have a Mosin ether! Do have a SMLE Jungle Carbine though, ya never know!

16. Kruel J

Kruel J Monkey

I remember those days. My dad was offered a crate of them back in the 80's for $500. There was 10 per crate, packed in cosmoline. He still mentions to this day how he should have jumped on it.

17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I still have cold sweats thinking of those racks overflowing with CG-63's, K-31's, and Mauser 98's in other then Yugo 8mm!
    Garands for less then $600, and M-1A's for under $800! I think I got something in my eyes just now, don't mind me, good FAL's for $400!

G.I. 1911's for $350.................................
    I gotta go, the waterworks just broke!

18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Dried my Tears!
    I did make out pretty good all things considered! A Israeli FAL HBAR with all the goodies, I think I paid $600 for it, a Garand off the rack for $590, a "Standard" early Austrian FAL, for $420, a CG-63 for $180 ( sarco). 1903 A-3 for $300 ( sarco) a SMLE Nickle Jungle Carbine for $145, Piles of 7X57 Mauser 98's ( Non "K") for $100 a piece ( Big Five) A Jap Arasaka Type 99 all original with all markings intact and dust shield for $390! ( Private SCORE) BM-59 For $485 ( Fairly Honest Don's Machine Gun Parlor) H-K 53 H-K G-3 H-K 91 ( all but the -53 Sold, Dammit) Pre Ban Colt AR-A2 20 inch standard for $790! ( Sold, Dammit) FN-49 I think I paid $650 for! AR-180 paid $700 for it, sold it for 3K! Saganaw M-1 Carbine, Paid $300, sold for $3K, Rockola M-1 Carbine, Paid 330, Sold for $3500!
    So I did OK I Think, though there Were/Are those I should have bought when the prices were still reasonable, and the Imports were still flowing in by the Container load! M-11 Swiss Ammo buy the Pickup Load for .11 Cents a round! Shit, I would be a millionaire ( Ok, Thousand-air) if I had stashed it instead of chootin it all up! Browning M-2 Maw Duce for $6.2K and they were not flyin out the doors back then, Browning BAR for $2.2K, Holy Shit those were the days!

19. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Ya'll had a good time!
    I was too busy raising a family and wasted all my play money on land, tools and schoolin.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Ura-Ki, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had one of those SKS things, Short barrel sucker
    Had a MOA of 5 inches at 50 yrds.
    I passed it on to a young cat that likes to spray n pray....

Ura-Ki, oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. AgentPickle
  3. AgentPickle
  4. AgentPickle
  5. AgentPickle
  6. AgentPickle
  7. 3M-TA3
  8. Dunerunner
  9. BenP
  10. Oddcaliber
  11. OldDude49
  12. Oddcaliber