50 Killed in Orlando by terrorist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AD1, Jun 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Here is how one of them feels...

I'm a Gay Activist, and After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote to Trump

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.

Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that's a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades. Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the "culture wars." Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about "Islamophobia" and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings.

Oh sure, all year I've been playing the "Bernie or Hillary?" game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don't have to convince me of that. But he's also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the queer community.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and AD1 like this.
  2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

In a bit of solidarity with those who are prepared for these things, this is the Tshirt I was wearing under my 511 covert Shirt and my jacket cuz it was frickin COLD on the ferry ride.

If this was visable I would have "printed" for sure ;)

image.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Nice get 3M

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Another one on the national NBC(!!) news admitted that guns don't kill people, people do, and he's(?) rethinking his stance on carry. All I could do after prying my jaw off the floor was give a fist pump in his direction.

AD1 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The question I have is "Why in Hadies, did it take the Orlando Police 3 Hours, to go in and get this Yahoo???"

Brokor likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

My guess? More dead people = more reason to increase the validity of a militarized police state and take guns from sovereign citizens.
    Plus, as a typical side-effect, the anti-terror teams are slow to deploy due to inadequate funding (sarcasm), so they will be needing more money from taxpayers to staff even more jack-booted thugs.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I was thinking more like it took 3 Hours to round up enough of the SWAT Team, from their Sugar Dognut induced Snooze inside the Tactical Vehicle.... But I could be mistaken....

8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

You know, the Muslims have got to be dumbfounded: One of theirs takes out a flock of gays, and the country is siding with the gays. He would have been a hero in most of the world for killing undesirables but not in the land of the tolerant. Not that I condone it because they were Americans first and whatever they were second. Just sayin' the rest of the world would have been like "oh, they killed gays. How sad".

The police response took so long because they are type A chickens. They do nothing without overwhelming numbers and plans so none of 'em break a nail or something.

9. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

techsar read the poster again it means if people were armed we could fight back and I'm for the 2nd. amendment 1000 percent

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

FBI connection, check.
    Registered Democrat, check.
    Reported to have "obtained guns legally", check.
    Middle Eastern and alleged ties to ISIS, check.

Folks, even Orwell couldn't have dreamed of a fairy tale of this magnitude. We're all being lied to.

11. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

You know that I am about the most rabid pro-gun person you will ever find...but I'm not sure that allowing unconditional carry in places that serve alcohol is a good move. Booze and firearms don't mix well. I spent some years bouncing...dealing with drunks is bad enough, I wouldn't want to have to deal with armed drunks. IMO, if you want to go armed into a nightclub, they should not be allowed to serve you alcohol.

I agree 100% about re-education in self-defense...especially when it comes to weapons of opportunity and the power of sheer numbers.

kellory likes this.
  12. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Allegedly he was confronted and exchanged fire with a cop before entering.

FYI, most bouncers are not going to "handle" a determined, armed, creep...they are going to protect their own butts and call in the cavalry.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. ghrit

Would you believe that was the period of time they were trying to negotiate with him over the hostages? (Me neither.)

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That one confused me too - I got the opposite meaning when I looked at it.

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

sorry, but i do not think this means, what you think it means. The same image with a diffrent meme was used for biden in 2012, and he is clearly anti-gun. Screenshot_20160613-114231.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Well there is confusion all over the place. Director of the FBI James Comey said today:
    Sounds like Mateen hated Americans, wanted to harm and was a radical Islamist.

On a side note, the sheep are following what they are being told to believe. The extreme Lib that I work with brought up the shooting and proceeded to tell me that this whole thing was a hate crime against gays. This had nothing to do with ISIS, radicals or Muslims. The co-worker lib is crying for gun control.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  17. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Its legal to enter a bar with a CCW and firearm in AZ. Several years now and no issues. If you are carrying, you cant legally drink, but you can enter.

18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Never let a tragedy go to waste. They haven't even begun to untie the first shoe let alone drop it.
    Get ready for our legislators to do either something or nothing.
    I'm hoping for the nothing other than enforcing what we already have on the books but I'm doubtful.

19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Curious to see if your friend would ban tall buildings, because one of radical Islam's favorite ways to kill gay men is to throw them from the top of one with a large crowd watching. I really don't know how to get the point across to people who are controlled by emotion.

I frequent a liberal forum to try to better understand their viewpoints and mostly keep my thoughts to myself. Unsurprisingly, discussion there about this attack was all about banning guns. I asked in that thread if they were in that situation if they thought they would be better off pissing themselves while begging for their lives or if they would be better off being able to defend themselves and others with a firearm. The response was mostly that this is all caused by guns (and the NRA, and Republicans, and George Bush, and rednecks...) and that more guns can only make it worse. No mention, naturally, of the hatred that caused the event, or the person that carried it out. We are just seeing the beginning of what will happen in America, and I wonder how many of them will get a Darwin Award before the rest wake up.

20. ghrit

Ah, well, when you wrote that, maybe nothing had started up. A PA senator is up, waving his hands , and ranting. A bill is proposed that will prevent misdemeanor hate crime perps from buying guns, to be a no buy list. At least that's the early rumors.

Hm. What's the legal definition of a hate crime?

He also wants to ban military style weapons. Hm. What's the legal definition of a military style weapon? Might that include a Brown Bess?

Lip flapping loon.

VisuTrac and oldawg like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. Bandit99
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Motomom34
  9. Oltymer
  10. Motomom34